National Gun Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anybody help me with a gun I just traded for?I would like to know who made it and what it is worth.
Closest thing I kind find is a hammerless S&W 38sp.It is nickel plated with pearl grips and a ring on the handel
DSC00667.jpg l DSC00668.jpg
Also on the barrel it says Smith & Wesson cartridges are those that fit best "The Fuskard" revolver

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
55,066 Posts
I can promise you. That is not a revolver chambered for .38 Special. It is chambered for .38 S&W.

·
55,066 Posts
What is roll marked on the right side of the revolver, just above the grips.

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Could be one of the Spanish copies made in the early 20th century. I'd agree on it being chambered for the .38 S&W.
May not be worth a lot as a shooter, but its a nice looking revolver. The lanyard ring is a nice touch.

·
55,066 Posts
It looks to have a grip safety.

·
5,082 Posts
Pardner....Popeye was trying to help you....but you may not know..
we need to see close ups and have details....of ALL markings etc...

Now...that said...

1- I'll BET you- itactually says on barrel.... "SMITH AND WESSON CARTRIDGES AND THOSE THAT FIT BEST THE 'EUSKARO' REVOLVER"

So, a foreign made COPY of a S&W...but...may be valuable....:thumbsup: Some made from
1880's thru Spanish Civil war etc...

ONLY research...will tell you...

Look at sites like these...then go on your own..researching...S&W copies...etc..
break opens etc....

regards,

1shot1k

FOREIGN COPY OF A SMITH AND WESSON DOUBLE ACTION REVOLVER IN | Lot #74303 | Heritage Auctions

Nouvelle page 0
A good PAGE per these type revolvers...

example:
Euskaro

This revolver is a Spanish copy of the S&W .32 DA. It is called "euskaro" and was made by various companies named Orbea Hermanos, Crucelegui Hermanos or Tracola, Aranzabal y Cia, all in Eibar, Spain. Some have also been made by unknown makers. The "euskaro" is chambered for the .32 Long S&W cartridge, and won't accept the European standard .32.
Although much cheaper than the original S&W, these revolvers are of acceptable quality as a self-defence gun.
The proper text on top of the barrel reads as follows:
"Smith & Wesson cartridges are those that fit best the "euskaro" revolver".
They have been produced between the 1880's and the Spanish Civil War.
Marcel

etc...but you have "probably"...a .38 SW
Year/other yet unknown....?

also...

·
5,082 Posts
I doubt this "collector" ...will even be back Popeye...

Hell// we should charge (in advance) for this...

Randall

If you do return....please go to new members area and say hi...good folks here...just many wonnt
help or pay attention to "drive by" members etc...

regards,

·
55,066 Posts
Colt (among others) made revolvers chambered in .38 Short.

S&W (among others) made revolvers chambered in .38 S&W

Your revolver is chambered in .38 S&W.

·
Pissed Old Lady
3,793 Posts
I never even knew there were copies of the DA revolver - again learning :-D Please keep answering, some of us wanna learn more and this is exactly the type of thing I love actually.

He posted his question on the Smith & Wesson forums also. There were no answers when I looked though.

But trading for something you know nothing about? Although if it caught my fancy I might trade for something - that's a very cool looking gun!

·
Pissed Old Lady
3,793 Posts
Pretty cool pistol!

·
5,082 Posts
Pardner...

The key here...is identify yours to the year/model and maker....

Then..condition....

From just...very very basic looking under what i would "know" of yours so far...
and of course....anybody will pay anything for anything they really want...but
it would appear....yours looks like some selling (asking) almost $400 to maybe above$ 800...?

But..again..key is you cant sell it (really) until you identify and grade it...etc..I do know it is
not a big money item...probably will go for less than $500 on web....unless I am wrong
about condition or year...

IF...pics still up....I "may" try to narrow it down in wee hours when I am up later on as
my pain meds do not normally work....I will help that way if I can...in mean time..
if there is ANY markings you may possibly fins..list them..I dont know if S&W copiers
did same ...but open break..look under top for number etc....show any marks you
think may be on it...

I will come back later....a punk just disturbed me on another thread and i am gonna
go outside and smoke..

1shot

·
5,082 Posts
Here is a link to read some about the S&W "safeties " original models etc..(from
the grip safety's )....keep in mind you have a copy etc...

Also..there are "some" links with sales examples....

From "basic" looking...same still.....you have probably a $400 to $700 ( very max ?)
based on buyer...and...you finding a maker and date possibly...

Good luck ...

Smith & Wesson Top-break SA, DA, & Safety Hammerless information

·
Pissed Old Lady
3,793 Posts
Those are beautiful!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts