National Gun Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Aim true !
10,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took out the mosin and argentine mauser today. Ran 50 rounds in each at full powder loads. Im feeling it now lol. But what a day to be on the range. I reached out to 200 yards and was nailing my steel silhouette. I ordered a recoil pad for the mauser. That steel but plate hurts.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Do what my drill sergeant told guys in basic that were afraid of the kick from the M1, " Hold it about a half-inch from your shoulder, and you won't feel it as much". He always got a laugh out of that.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Take care of those shoulders y'all !!!

·
Registered
13,243 Posts
I keep a couple of different size limb saver slip on recoil pads in my range bag. I have a bunch of old military guns which all have steel but plates that do not feel all that comfortable at range sessions. These are great because they are cheap, no fitting or mods done to the gun.

·
Aim true !
10,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I ordered a slip on one too.

·
Registered
728 Posts
I also have a slip on shoulder pad that spreads out the recoil a little. My joints are not what the used to be.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

·
Aim true !
10,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Im still feeling it today. I detailed a car for my neighbor this am. The waxing aggravated it some.

·
Registered
6,229 Posts
my No. 1 choice in slip-on recoil pads......they help with the old single shot 12's and 20's....those light guns thump. i do not kown if its the gel or the added width....or both.

Reactions: Coalcracker
1 - 9 of 9 Posts