1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Grand Imperial Poobah
23,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
623 Posts
Here's what I would suspect. The article says this information was hacked in 2019. Why is it coming out now? A typical hacker's ploy is to hold the data for ransom. So they go to FB and say, we have all this data on your users and we will publish it unless you pay. My guess is either FB didn't pay, or they've been paying since 2019, the hackers kept coming back for more and FB got tired of it.

·
Aim true !
11,600 Posts
I did not give FB my phone info. I use an alias name and a disposable email when i joined. I only use FB for the LGS'S. And to sell something now and then. I have no friends on there . Only group im on is our twps crime watch. And it's a private group. I do not commet or like the stuff that is posted.

·
Registered
24 Posts
The fact that so many people still use these platforms, after all the nonsense (and censorship!!), is why I feel like as a whole, we aren't strong enough to right the ship.

·
Super Moderator
14,635 Posts
Hell, I'm not sure who doesn't have my phone number or email address.....

Alan

·
Grand Imperial Poobah
23,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Reactions: Wag

·
Super Moderator
14,635 Posts
I finally got an app that silences unknown calls and shoots them straight to voice mail. Consequently, my extended warranty has likely expired.....

I delete anywhere from 75 to 125 unwanted, unsolicited emails each day and the number is growing each day. Once I went through and unsubscribed to all of them and the next day I had twice as many. Most of them are from conservative or right wing entities who want money or want to warn me about the dangers of a Harris/Biden presidency.... I don't need any convincing and I hardly see how them having my money is much different than Harris/Biden having it....

Alan

Reactions: Caper and Philmo11

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
I do not have a FB login, being a retired Computer professional, I am fully aware of the pitfalls of having such an account. However, my wife does have an account, she uses it to keep track of her family and some friends. I keep telling her to be very careful as to what she says in the account and who she allows as a friend, she claims she is careful, I hope she is..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts