National Gun Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I’ve really tried to steer clear of anything that seemed TOO cheap but I took a chance on two H&R 28” Pardner 12ga pump actions. I couldn’t find anything to complain about. The fit and finish were immaculate. Action was tight but smooth, smoother than the Mossberg’s I was looking at (low end Mossbergs). $149, it’s got to be too good to be true. I have mine on layaway at the moment (along with 2x 870’s). If anyone has any experience with these H&R pump action shotguns please give me your feedback. Comparing them to the 870, the only major difference I see is the H&R has a parkerized barrel instead of a blued like the 870. The woodwork was spot on, no flaws and beautiful wood grains in the forestock, can’t really see in the picture. The buttstock lacks the fancy grain. Seriously, what’s wrong with them? I can’t find it by inspection. This is like too good to be true cheap.

2C28829F-A942-4045-A269-57D0412025B6.jpeg

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
A side by side pic with the 28” 870. I thought the 870 had a blued barrel but looking at the pic, I might be wrong.

DC65BA5B-4DB3-4FF8-BCE5-14FF2DFA1FEE.jpeg

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This probably explains some of the appeal (for me).

1. Steel Machined Receiver.
This means in manufacturing the receiver started as a solid block of steel. Computer controlled milling machines systematically remove metal so the part takes its final shape. Often times this is done in multiple steps.

4. Barrel Made in the USA by Remington.
Remington barrels are made in the USA. H&R 1871 and Remington are corporately linked. They are both owned by the same holding company. There is a scale of economy and cost savings for the company. Barrels are very high quality.
5. Robust Reliable Action.
The action borrows many features from the Remington 870. Very proven trouble free design.

·
Premium Member
5,638 Posts
I’m sure the boys will do well with ether gun. What about the chokes? Do they both have fixed chokes? That could be a deal breaker for any gun.
Please tell me that’s not your leg in the first picture.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I’m sure the boys will do well with ether gun. What about the chokes? Do they both have fixed chokes? That could be a deal breaker for any gun.
Please tell me that’s not your leg in the first picture.
Removal choke. Think it only came with one but so did the Remington. And the leg would belong to the chick behind counter :lol:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts