National Gun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,977 Posts
Yeah but it’s nice that the neighbors could get to meet each other and become friends.

·
Aim true !
12,290 Posts
Im thinking a gas leak.

·
Keep calm & return fire!
13,459 Posts
I'm thinking he should have probably put out the Marlboro before reloading.

And agree with BillM here....something doesn't sound right.

·
Super Moderator
15,183 Posts
6# of BP might make a bit of a spark. I'm not sure it would blow the side of a house off like that. Maybe it would, depending on how it was stored.

Alan

·
AZHerper
5,027 Posts
6# of BP might make a bit of a spark. I'm not sure it would blow the side of a house off like that. Maybe it would, depending on how it was stored.

Alan
I'd hate to be anywhere in the vicinity if 6 pounds of black powder gets touched off. That's 42,000 grains of powder. Kind of a scary thought.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I with gvaldeg1, probably BP. I’m sure there is more to this story.

·
Grand Imperial Poobah
25,855 Posts
The guy could have been cooking meth and ca-boom! The 6 lbs of smokeless powder is a story to weasel out of criminal charges. Unless more facts come out, we are simply playing Monday morning quarterback.

·
Registered
15,659 Posts
How did they survive? House blows up supposedly from the touch of his hand? The girl basically walks away, he gets banged up a bit? Doesn't make sense.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
There was another incident like this last year in Bartow, Fl. Guy blew up his detached workshop reloading. Walked away but the building was destroyed.

·
Super Moderator
15,183 Posts
They must reload differently in FL....

Alan

Reactions: Popeye

·
Registered
15,341 Posts
I agree, BP, Meth cooking or gas are probably the 3 highest on the list that caused this. It certainly wasn't any type of smokeless propellant powder.

·
Last Stand on Earth
4,281 Posts
Well, I just threw 3/4 lb of IMR4227 into a burning barrel. Full hopper of powder came loose off my press a little bit ago. At least 1/4 of it was saturated with Remington shotgun cleaner because I had to release the grease on the press to get powder off. Now, it was mixed with a half bag of kitchen trash so that diluted the effects a fair bit. Barrel turned into a 6’ high blow torch for several seconds. Blue paint on the barrel instantly turned black from the heat. No explosion.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts