National Gun Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have heard for many years about Texas and guns. I was told that almost everyone carries a handgun in Texas. If this is a fact why didn't someone shoot back during the latest group of shooting? The best I can guess is that getting involved may not be in your best interest or no one with a gun was close enough. Now this is just me thing why not.

·
Registered
582 Posts
1) Most were not carrying.
2) Froze.
3) Situation or sight picture not good for shot with all others around running crazy.
4) Not trained to facedown BG with rifle when you only have pistol.
5) Situation was better to get yourself and love ones out of harm's way than to engage.

·
Registered
762 Posts
I have heard for many years about Texas and guns. I was told that almost everyone carries a handgun in Texas. If this is a fact why didn't someone shoot back during the latest group of shooting? The best I can guess is that getting involved may not be in your best interest or no one with a gun was close enough. Now this is just me thing why not.
I think that Texas has become a go-to place for West Coast weenies, who do not like guns, so the number of people carrying has gone down. That might be one reason, I don't know.
Another reason might be that America has been sissified, and a lot of people run for safety, even if they are armed. They might take up a position, but never actively look for the shooter.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts