National Gun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know they've been working on bullets that can be used in airplanes that are designed to stop adversaries but not to penetrate the fuselage or cockpit door. Such bullets could enable pilots to carry, could be used by sky marshals, and perhaps could even be used by some of the flight attendants who carry. A flight attendant who carries would have to be specialized and would have to be properly trained but its a possibility.

Handguns are obviously the best choice in terms of firearms used in airplanes by pilots or sky marshals or specially trained flight attendants but you would probably want small handguns that are easily concealable, particularly for the sky marshals and flight attendants.

As today is the 20th anniversary of 9/11 I thought it would be a good time to post this. Here are some links to such ammo.

·
Salmon Slayer
203 Posts
Clubs, bats, hard balls and machetes would work too…

·
Registered
87 Posts
A bullet that simply punctures the skin of an airplane, it's no big deal. The cabin of the airplane is pressurized, and the hole creates a small leak, but the pressurization system will compensate for it. A single hole, or even a few holes like this, will have no effect.

The cockpit door and bulkhead are small arm bullet resistant.

If the bullet blows out a window, that's a problem. When the window blows, the plane will depressurize over the course of several seconds. Emergency oxygen masks drop for everyone and the pilots will make an emergency decent to an altitude less than 10k feet so everyone has enough atmosphere to breathe.

If the bullet hits wiring who knows what would go wrong. Hitting the fuel tank may or may not be a problem in the short run

·
Premium Member
7,815 Posts
“You’ll get sucked right out the bullet hole!!!” There I said it. Now that this ridiculous statement is out of the way, we can perhaps get some true facts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts