National Gun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i was just offered a Sig P229 elite with a laser Max guide rod, 3 mags and a nice holster. In trade for my Smith and Wesson M&P 15 sport with magpul furniture, BAD lever and Burris AR332 optic, is it worth it? Thanks in advance

· Super Moderator
6,145 Posts
This is up to you keep your MP15 sport or exchange it for a SIG 229. Depending on where you live the SIG will be higher in price by a couple of hundred. MP around 700 SIG 229 around 1K. You can find both for less I'm just going on the higher side. If what you want is a higher priced firearm then have fun. First find what you enjoy shooting most? Have you ever shot a SIG 229? For that matter all you said was a SIG 229, which caliber? I could go on. There is a lot of unknowns for us to give a opinion on this, only you can decide this.

· Registered
65 Posts
In most cases, those that are offering the trade are offering it to their benefit. There are lots of variables, of course, but consider that you may need to negotiate the trade in most cases to make it more even. This is just looking from the financial standpoint and it doesn't take into consideration which one you'd like/want/shoot more.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.