National Gun Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have had a gun safe on layaway at a local hunting store. They had a large nation wide sale and now they are on backorder, they have the floor display that I could take if I wanted it. Would any of you take the display that has had the combination displayed on the front of it in the store, and been moved around the store many times. I'm just a little worried about a safe that who knows how many people have done what to it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would..... You need a safe and I only think about 10 people will see you taking it. Thats about 10 stupid people if they come through my door :---

·
Registered
957 Posts
If its got the electronic keypad, you would change the combination anyway. But on the other hand, if its got scratches on it or dings and dents, no probably not.

·
Chicago Pro-Gun Activist
2,444 Posts
You said that they will not come down in price but have you taken cash and said "will you take this amount." As long as it is reasonable, you may get the manager to agree to a slight discount. In terms of the combination being displayed, they would still need to break into your home first and then want to spend the time unlocking your safe. If you are in a very small town, word (or your weapons) will get around as to who has your stuff. Otherwise, I would not worry about this.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts