National Gun Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my first big (to me) gun safe a couple days ago on a black Friday sale. Got tired of having everything in little safes and gun bags. Was curious what kind of lighting yall use? I've seen battery powered and plug-in types. I think battery powered might be better for me since I don't think there's a way to run a cord out of mine, but I might be wrong. I would like a plug-in type if it can be ran out. The safe I got is a Winchester TS20-30. Not real big, but it's big enough for what I've got. Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
16,404 Posts
I use the simple cheap light switch box thingys from Harbor freight.

Alan

Reactions: Joker

·
Super Moderator
16,404 Posts
Reactions: Joker

·
Keep calm & return fire!
14,027 Posts
I have a receptacle in my safe. I have a LED strip all around the door. Think I have like $30 in the whole deal and it brightly lights the safe.

·
Registered
85 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
another option:

Nice and bright. Motion Sensor. Rechargable using a usb cable. I have one in my gun closet. Magnetic strip or you can mount with screws. No fumbling around for a switch in the dark. They turn off about 20 seconds after you close the door and no motion is detected.
I actually found some nearly identical to these a few minutes ago. Has the motion sensor and are rechargeable. They were on black Friday sale. Thanks again everyone!

·
Grand Imperial Poobah
31,898 Posts
I have anchor point in all for corners of my safes. In three corners I used Grade 8 bolts. In the fourth corner, I used black pipe and ran Romex through the pipe to a outlet box, inside the safes. Afterwards, I filled the ends of the pipe with fire block caulking, to keep heat and fire out, and to keep the Romex from rubbing against the pipe edge. This way I can run a dehumidifying rod, 24/7.

Reactions: Joker and Speed

·
Registered
202 Posts
I keep forgetting to turn those battery lights off. I finally just gave up.
I put one of those led's that look like a switch in my safe. It's enough for my relatively small safe.
But in the beginning I forgot to turn it off as well.......it's placement in a safe must have made me think it was a refrigerator and would go off by itself.
A battery change or two cured me of that.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts