National Gun Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I have a civllian version of a Sub Machine gun, like a Thompson, or a Mac-10, an Uzi ect... Where in the gun range should I be allowed to shoot that?
Pistol Range
or
Rifle Range

I say Pistol because they shoot Pistol ammo, so the risk of a ricochet is the same

·
Registered
299 Posts
Check with the range that you shoot at. Some ranges have rules governing barrel length as the determining factor where you can shoot.

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
We have one range that is an indoor range that says, "No Black Rifles Allowed!"

Thats a mean spirited attitude, don't you think??

·
Banned
921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

So I could bring a Rugar Ranch Rifle, but not an Ar. Even though they shoot the same Cartridge, and are about the same length?

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
So I could bring a Ruger Ranch Rifle, but not an Ar. Even though they shoot the same Cartridge, and are about the same length?
Yep, I think so. It is mostly directed at the sub guns that shoot the pistol calibers. I had a friend that had Uzis and they turned him away.

·
Red State Rising
2,215 Posts

Racist... When will America progress so that black rifles can live amongst the others without being discriminated against!? :lol:

·
Chicago Pro-Gun Activist
2,444 Posts
If I have a civllian version of a Sub Machine gun, like a Thompson, or a Mac-10, an Uzi ect... Where in the gun range should I be allowed to shoot that?
Pistol Range
or
Rifle Range

I say Pistol because they shoot Pistol ammo, so the risk of a ricochet is the same
At our outdoor range, it is called a "plinking" pit. There you can put up targets and use that type of firearm. I have seen a person with a full auto AK shooting into the pit. That is one distinctive sound.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts