·
Super Moderator
11,358 Posts
My hammer is cocked.

--Wag--

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
53,933 Posts

A presentation pair of Smith & Wesson No. 1 small frame repeating pistols which were deluxe engraved by Andrew Wurfflein. Wurfflein was a prominent Philadelphia gunmaker who specialized in high quality percussion rifles and derringer type percussion pistols

Reactions: Philmo11

·
Super Moderator
11,358 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,358 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,358 Posts
I was hoping you knew.

--Wag--

Reactions: Kobs

·
53,933 Posts

This extremely rare U.S. Colt Model 1861 Navy revolver was manufactured in 1862 as part of a 2,000 gun contract with the Ordnance Department signed in April 1861. It is only one of those 2,000 that was Ordnance inspected, military finished, and manufactured by Colt during the Civil War. After the U.S. Contract Walker Colt revolvers, the U.S. Contract 1861 Navy revolvers are the rarest U.S. martial Colt percussion handguns.

·
53,933 Posts

These nearly identical revolvers were were manufactured in consecutive years, 1989, 1990, and 1991, and were all shipped to the same location. The beautiful engravings were done by George Spring and Dennis Kies.

Reactions: lewwallace

·
53,933 Posts

This nearly new condition Colt Single Action Cavalry Model revolver was manufactured in 1885 and inspected by Capt. Frank Heath and Ordnance Sub-Inspector David F. Clark. It is accompanied with its Kopec letter, which states that it is in original unissued condition and speculates that it was originally issued to a state militia unit where it remained unissued. It was eventually returned to Springfield Armory after World War I and sold either as surplus or distributed through the Director of Civilian Marksmanship.

981 - 1000 of 1008 Posts