National Gun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i just bought my first handgun...Just wondering what things i should get for maintenance: just a basic cleaning kit or what..I have had rifles and shotguns, but never a hand gun....Any other good accessories or things i should look to get....By the way i got a Bersa .380

G

·
Hello usf99,
Remember your post when you got the Bersa. Nope, nothing special for the handgun- unless you gonna shoot lead. UUUGH *^#@!.
Keep her clean and she'll do a good job on the range.

·
Pro Gun Advocate
10,940 Posts
The only thing I bought when I went from long guns to handguns was a short, single piece cleaning rod, the appropriate size barrel brush & swab, and special grease for the slide.

A magazine cleaning brush and swab are also a good idea, only use a TINY bit of oil so as not to attract dirt.

A drift (a pointless punch) of the proper diameter to take down the side also helps.

Let us know how you like your Bersa. Mine seems to get dirty real fast, FTF after about 100 rounds due to grime on the ramp.

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
I have heard a lot of good things about the Bersa 380.

I do think that handguns require a bit more care, since they tend to be used for defensive purposes. I agree that on 380's you are better off to stay away from lead bullets that are not coated. They can lead up the barrel and result in feeding problems. If you use lead you will be cleaning the barrel more often.

Get a good cleaning kit and clean the guns soon after shooting and keep them coated with a light coat of gun oil and they will last many years and run reliably.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts