National Gun Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Australian Shooter
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello All,

I'm new to this Forum, but have been a reader for quite some time.

I live in Australia (New South Wales), but support and donate the NRA in the US as I believe strongly in freedom and completely disagree with the way we are denied the rights to defend ourselves here in this Country ... I want to do my part to make sure the entire Western World isn't a lost cause!

I was hoping I could get some opinions from you guys on the sad state of affairs over here ...

'Self Defense' is essentially illegal here :( ... Pistols can only be held legally for Sport/Target shooting only, and only up to .38 calibre and a mag capacity of no more than 10 rounds. You can apply for a special permit for a calibre up to .45, but this is only allowed for specialized competition events.

Semi Automatic rifles are not allowed. Bolt action rifles can have a magazine capacity of no more than 5 rounds. Rifles are a little less restrictive and can be used for hunting, but only in tightly restricted areas or Primary Producers land only.

Most knives are banned ... Crossbows are banned ... Tasers are banned ... Pepper Spray is banned ...

In fact, we are at a point where if you take any action 'in self defense' you'll be arrested and charged with assault or worse, even if faced with a life threatening situation. Even the police admit there's legally nothing you can do if faced with a criminal intent on doing you harm ... I'm sorry, but that is just nucking futs!!

I know some states are more restrictive than others in the US, but I'm not sure any are this bad ...

I'd like to move to the US so I can experience what true freedom feels like. You US Citizens really are fortunate ...

Happy Shooting to you all,
Coatesy.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Coatsy , we be getting our guns back mate seen what'll be unrestricted after jan 1 ??

lots mate

so tell ya mates get em involved and tell em to vote pro gun , anyone who does not have a pro gun stance , dont get a vote !

go for it!

·
Australian Shooter
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Jack404,

No, I didn't realise things were changing ...

Where can I go and look for more details??

Thanks.

·
Banned
44 Posts
So why are you still living there, giving your time, abilities, and money to tyrants, hmm? If you really care about it, emigrate to some place where you still have rights.

·
Registered
12 Posts
because i'm Australian , running is not a consideration , abandon my nation when it needs every patriot it can get ?? no wonder your screwed over there thinking like that , may i suggest the federalist papers as a start why thats no even a consideration for right thinking people ??

besides we're winning ..

·
Registered
12 Posts
because i'm Australian , running is not a consideration , abandon my nation when it needs every patriot it can get ?? no wonder your screwed over there thinking like that , may i suggest the federalist papers as a start why thats no even a consideration for right thinking people ??

besides we're winning ..

so how many here given the statement above would run ?? from your nation?? seriously ??

how many?

those that run aint worth keeping is my thoughts , those who stay and fight , well that act alone will tell you your in good company

run? did your founding fathers run ? or did they fight ?

rememebr how the american revolution came to be??

your words shames all those who went before you ..

·
Registered
23 Posts
I don't think you should run from your country that is almost to the point of absurdity. Are gun laws ever up for voting on??? How did things become so restricted- too much violence??? Or just an Anti-Gun Government running things??? We do fairly good business with people in Australia, so I know that there are avid gun lovers there.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Sir you know what the UN is , we know what it isn't and it isnt welcome here with its PC rules corrupting everything then came the anti gun movement ( also Un run ) then gay rights ( UN) then multiculturalism ( UN) and now Australian dont have rights we serve everyone else , sucks , my next big push now we have our guns back is time for the population to arm its self and push the UN out

that should fix 90% of our hassles right there ..

then then islamists salafists etc and we'll be back to 1960 Australia ;) where polticians where not career poli's folks where polite as if you where not you'd get a punch in the mouth to make you so by popular consensus and get back to rough tumble nation i grew up in and love . instead of this islamic dominated PC BS nicey nicey *** protecting hole we become , its getting better a bit , but the UN screws everything so its 2 steps forward them one back ..

lose the UN folks , for your own sakes

·
Banned
44 Posts
billions of people have lived because they fled, billions were killed/enslaved cause they stayed. do what you want, naturally, just don't ***** about you diddn't see it coming/werent warned.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts