National Gun Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
957 Posts
Whew...I bet that was spooky..our range has a gate, only members have the combo. The range is open to the public only during sanctioned matches. The web sit address is on the sign along with a no tresspassing sign. I dont like folks coming up on me either.

· Registered
957 Posts
I did have one bad experience one day at the range. I was shooting at our main berm, a thirty foot cliff dug out. Our range is basically in a large gravel pit. Any way, I was shooting and heard someone shooting in an area on the other side of the largest berm. I felt gravel coming down on me and didnt quite know what I was at first. Then I saw dust and gravel getting kicked up at the top of the berm I was shooting at. I realized that some F-ing IDIOT was shooting the top of my berm. I remembered seeing a cop down at the quik shop on my way to the range, and threw my stuff into the truck and drove down there to get him. The cop followed me to the range and we didnt hear any thing. He told me to start shooting again, and then the gravel got kicked up again. The cop climbed the berm to get a look, when they started at it again. He hit the deck faster than you could imagine. He watched them for a while and stood up waving his arms. he went down and checked them out, told them to get out of there. Said a couple of guys were down there with rifles. Didnt do anything to them though, which I thought was kinda stupid. Its hard to explain, but besides being totally irresponsible with guns, the direction they were shooting put thier bullets shooting toward the neighborhood probably 3 or 400 yards away(behind me) with no backstop. I never understood why that cop let them go. I called the president of our club and told him about what happened in case it happened to any one else.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.