National Gun Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I belong to a "small" gun club with a "small" rifle/pistol range. I prefer to go there mid-week when I usuallly have a few hours to myself. Sometimes, and very scarcely, others show up to use the range, and I always welcome them and enjoy their company. and when the leave, I resume my "zen" solitude state.
Only drawback of being alone in a very rural setting: one time, a car with 4 "gangbangers" came up to the range while I was unloading. The guy that got out of the car was wearing a fairly tight Tshirt. Printing throught that Tshirt was the profile of a fairly large REVOLVER. When he began walking towards me, I was in the process of picking up my Mini-14. I saw him coming towards me with the "bulge" under his shirt and had the time to uncase the Mini and very visibly insert a loaded magazine into it. The "dude" stopped short and asked some dumb ass question about joining the "gun club". From then on, I always have a holstered SD pistol on my belt the entire time I'm at this range - no son of a ***** punk kid is going to take my guns without a real fight on his hands.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Whew...I bet that was spooky..our range has a gate, only members have the combo. The range is open to the public only during sanctioned matches. The web sit address is on the sign along with a no tresspassing sign. I dont like folks coming up on me either.

G

·
red-rider said:
Whew...I bet that was spooky..our range has a gate, only members have the combo. The range is open to the public only during sanctioned matches. The web sit address is on the sign along with a no tresspassing sign. I dont like folks coming up on me either.
same here, but I always have a loaded gun with me when I go down range or am away from my guns.

·
Registered
957 Posts
I did have one bad experience one day at the range. I was shooting at our main berm, a thirty foot cliff dug out. Our range is basically in a large gravel pit. Any way, I was shooting and heard someone shooting in an area on the other side of the largest berm. I felt gravel coming down on me and didnt quite know what I was at first. Then I saw dust and gravel getting kicked up at the top of the berm I was shooting at. I realized that some F-ing IDIOT was shooting the top of my berm. I remembered seeing a cop down at the quik shop on my way to the range, and threw my stuff into the truck and drove down there to get him. The cop followed me to the range and we didnt hear any thing. He told me to start shooting again, and then the gravel got kicked up again. The cop climbed the berm to get a look, when they started at it again. He hit the deck faster than you could imagine. He watched them for a while and stood up waving his arms. he went down and checked them out, told them to get out of there. Said a couple of guys were down there with rifles. Didnt do anything to them though, which I thought was kinda stupid. Its hard to explain, but besides being totally irresponsible with guns, the direction they were shooting put thier bullets shooting toward the neighborhood probably 3 or 400 yards away(behind me) with no backstop. I never understood why that cop let them go. I called the president of our club and told him about what happened in case it happened to any one else.

·
Premium Member
2,253 Posts
Our Gun Club's range is close to town, but is kinda' out of the way. I like to go here bymyself whenever possible. It usually isn't too busy in the evenings or eary mornings. I do keep a holsterd pistol on me at all times, because of the things that could happen, like what happend to 32 Magnum.

G

·
My range is my back yard.

Haven't had an uninvited visitor in about 20 years.

The thing I miss about living in a neighborhood is Halloween, and the kids in their costumes.

But, I got over it.

Doug

G

·
i love my gun club.

if it wasnt for those guys i would be a mediocre shooter. not a master class compeditor.

anpracs.org

G

·
ive gone from casual to compeditor / instructor and i didnt realize there was this whole other aspect of guns, ive taken so much from the gun comunity its my turn to give back

G

·
thats good.

my main class is a intro into defensive pistol. basically is an all shooting class to piggy back my CCW course

G

·
leeindy said:
thats good.

my main class is a intro into defensive pistol. basically is an all shooting class to piggy back my CCW course
That sound a little more exciting then mine, mine is mostly percision shooting

1 - 14 of 14 Posts