National Gun Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night I was cleaning my Kel-Tec P3AT 380 and the little tiny part that holds in the recoil spring in the slide decided to fly across the room! I did not find it until this morning at first light!

A tiny part that renders the gun useless until you can buy an new one and get it shipped from the mfg. My P3AT is the old model and the newer model has eliminated this part, it is now a permanent part of the slide, I believe.

Have you had a similar experience?? A spring flying across the garage or living room?

What has been your worst experience?

G

·
I think we all have that happen from time to time.When I work on guns I put all them small nightmares on magnets.If one takes off into space,I have a 5" flat circular magnet J-B Wielded to an old broom handle.I sweep the floor/rug with it like we looked for mines,till I find the little bugger,works every time and better then hand and knees.

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
JoeLee said:
I think we all have that happen from time to time.When I work on guns I put all them small nightmares on magnets.If one takes off into space,I have a 5" flat circular magnet J-B Wielded to an old broom handle.I sweep the floor/rug with it like we looked for mines,till I find the little bugger,works every time and better then hand and knees.

That's a good suggestion! I know I have lost little trigger return springs in the past. The ones in the S&W revolvers. Had a old Colt 32 Auto spring fly out and it took me days to run that down in the old shag carpeting of the 1960's.

·
Old School.
11,011 Posts
JoeLee said:
Now that's a real good idea for sure. Thanks Mr.JoeLee. :-B-:

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
338 Posts
With me, it always goes under something extremely heavy, and I also can't reach it. I find it there after I've been looking everywhere else for 2 hrs.

·
Registered
761 Posts
I almost lost the mainspring for my 1911 after I accidentally shot it across my bedroom.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts