National Gun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just noticed that on the week of July 28 Gun & Ammo TV was going to check out that new little Ruger. Anybody catch it on the Outdoor Channel??

I missed it since it was on Wed at 5:30 and 9:30 and Thur at 2 am.

Next week we do get to check out the Ruger SR-9 and Springfield EMP 40 though so stay tuned. Same days and times EST.

Again, anybody catch that show??

·
Registered
658 Posts
I have not seen the show but I know a couple of people that have the Tuger LCP (light compact pistol).
They are much like the Kel-Tec P3AT that they copied, in fact almost identical.
I understand that the LCP by Ruger has problems just like the P3AT does in that it needs fluff and buff and a break in period to be reliable.
These light pocket pistols are not shooters but when broken in properly they are very good up for up close self defense.
At around 13 oz. loaded and being very small and thin you can carry them in your pocket and nobody knows they are there.

·
Pro Gun Advocate
10,940 Posts
I shot Gunrnr's KetTec earlier this week, and I can tell you that I'd need to be REAL CLOSE to a bad guy before even thinking about pulling the trigger.

They're awfully tiny to try to get a good aim with.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Apparently you fail to grasp the meaning of a pocket pistol.
Take a look at the Corbon DPX ammo (deep penetration) for this caliber.
It will take care of someone up close and personal.
Again, these are not shooters or target guns.
I have carried the big stuff before, but it won't conceal like a pocket pistol.

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Apparently you fail to grasp the meaning of a pocket pistol.
Take a look at the Corbon DPX ammo (deep penetration) for this caliber.
It will take care of someone up close and personal.
Again, these are not shooters or target guns.
I have carried the big stuff before, but it won't conceal like a pocket pistol.

Yes, with the hotrod defensive ammo this little caliber is much more effective that most think. Hornady TAP, Cor-BonDPX and several others will wake up the 380.

I am happy to cruise along with my Winchester Silvertips, which have a pretty good reputation for stopping a fight also. But I am aware that there are better choices out there in ammo land.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts