National Gun Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This gun is proving very hard to locate and obtain within the United States. Has anyone on this forum ever seen this gun available for sale? Does anyone own this gun or have any suggestions on where one might find it or how to import it from abroad?

Thank you;

- toadling

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Since the importation of Russian military firearms has been banned since 1989, I'm assuming this pistol falls into that category. IF SO, you will not find a legal example in this country. Importation requires an approval from the BATFE and, in bulk, permit from the STATE DEPT. You may be able to find one in CANADA - but smugling it into the USA might be a problem. Another problem is its wide praise as an "armor piercing" capable firearm.

·
super noob
2,037 Posts
like 32 mag said its banned for importation. If armor peircing capability is what you are looking for in a pistol then the FNH 5.7 would problably be the one you want. Now the armor piercing rounds are illegal for non millitary/police to own, but it still has the capability and that is what has the anti's spinning on their collective brainless heads.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your replies; one thing is still unclear to me about the ban on imports of Russian military equipment: I thought this ban applied to direct imports from Russia itself, not necessarily on the weapons. Isn't this why many surplus Russian weapons were imported from places such as Ukraine throughout the 90s? I will look into this more on my own as well, but replies from those who know are much appreciated; if the ban is simply on imports direct from Russia then I will start looking into attaining this from Canada, somewhere in South America, etc.

Thanks;

- toadling

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Good luck! Hope you have some success. There are tons of Russian made N95s, MN9130s and MN M44s coming into the US from former Soviet Client States. All are batched on Import Permits issued by State Dept. ICE and BATFE.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts