National Gun Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
View attachment DSC_6756.jpg I recently had a talk with my son and he was excited about buying a new 1911 nock-off, the GSG 1911 22. Everything he said about it intregued me. It's a full size version of the Colt 1911 but in .22. Looks and feels like the Government Model but has no recoil and shoots cheap .22 ammo, the HV stuff.

So, I just had to look at one at my local LGSs. I liked what I saw and decided it was mine.

Trigger pull was a bit on the high side at 5 lbs. but that's not too bad for a GM. I'll probably do some gunsmithing to it in the future to get it down to 3.5 pounds but it may just do it on it's own after 1000 rounds or so.

I ran 300 rounds of CCI Patriot ammo through it and had no failures. Groups were good but a little low so I replaced the front sight with one of the 4 sights that come with the gun. I also replaced the plastic guide rod with a kit from Tandemkross. The kit promises more accuracy and that can't be a bad thing. It also tightened everything up and needs a break in period. Mine started working well after an additional 200 rounds of Blazer ammo. Blazer is my favorite ammo. It's cheap and shoots better groups in my gun than the more expensive ammo.

The kit also changed my Point Of Impact and although I was shooting low with the original sight I was now shooting 8 inches high. I hate fixed sights so I ordered a new Bomar style sight from Brownells.

I then ordered 5 more magazines so that I have enought ot shoot the Steel Challenge Matches. With the magazines I just had to order the +4 followers and the +2 base pads giving me 16 total capacity.

·
Aim true !
11,963 Posts
I know folks who own them. And are very happy with them. Enjoy and congrats, :thumbsup:

·
Mr.
209 Posts
I like mine!

·
Mr.
209 Posts
It would be a good idea for guys with this gun to order at least a couple sets of spare parts, those rubber and plastic parts in the recoil spring. I've already replaced mine a couple times and it is really nice to already have one laying in the box the gun came in. Make it a no big deal event. They don't cost much at all.

·
Grand Imperial Poobah
24,898 Posts
Reactions: Stamps6

·
Aim true !
11,963 Posts
Left handed version? Slider stop on the other side?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Mine only does well with CCI Mini mags 22 LR. I will have to try out CCI Patriots and Blazer ammo. Any one else have suggestions for what ammo doe's well

·
Aim true !
11,963 Posts
CCI stingers might be something to consider.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I was looking at these in various configurations. Anyone compare it with the GSG Firefly that they make since stopping the Mosquito they did for Sig?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts