National Gun Forum banner
41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Aim true !
13,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Another update from Ruger.
Dear Valued Ruger Customer,

Please be advised that your Ruger firearm has been transferred to a technician for evaluation.

We will email you again when service is complete.

·
Aim true !
13,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Update from Ruger.
Dear Valued Ruger Customer,

We have completed work on your Ruger firearm, and are now preparing it for shipment.
We will send you the tracking number when your firearm is being shipped.

·
Aim true !
13,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Yes i can't complain about the turn around time. I had fast turn arounds with RIA and Hi-point too. S&W was terrible. 2 months i think it was. Their excuse was a busy time of the year.

·
Last Stand on Earth
5,605 Posts
Yes i can't complain about the turn around time. I had fast turn arounds with RIA and Hi-point too. S&W was terrible. 2 months i think it was. Their excuse was a busy time of the year.
I didn't even get a response from S&W, just some magazine springs that showed up in the mail with their address on them weeks later.

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Did they ask for an FFL number and address of the gun store? Hopefully straight to you so same serial number and not a replacement.

Reactions: Coalcracker

·
Aim true !
13,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Not as of now. I did use our postage plus as a drop off location. They also have a small gun store there. So maybe it will go there if not sent direct to me.

·
Keep calm & return fire!
13,848 Posts
If they send a new one, will it need to go through an FFL and a 4473 since it will have a different serial number?
If they don't put my s/n on the new gun. Yes it will have to be transferred to me.
If they replace the gun with the same model then there is no transfer involved.

When CZ replaced my Matte stainless 75b with a high polish one they simply shipped me the firearm directly. (I had to pick it up from fedex)

If I would have chose a different model as a replacement, say a SP-01 then I would have had to have it transferred on my dime.

If its same for same then no transfer is needed, at least it wasn't in my case.

·
Salmon Slayer
962 Posts
Glad everything worked out for you Coal.

I’m contemplating sending in my Taurus PT940, I replaced all the trigger springs with a new set I got off the internet but not satisfied with the reset.

·
Premium Member
2,071 Posts
I wonder what they did? How they fixed it I mean…

will be interesting to hear

Reactions: Ziggidy

·
Registered
519 Posts
I can certainly attest to the S&W turnaround time being absolutely Horrible ! Earlier this year I bought a Performance Center EZ in 380. Well guess what? The Performance Center's so called Craftsmen did not even bother to mount a front sight on it ! There was actually no Customer Service from S&W at all after my phone calls. Their Distributor I bought from online gave me a phone # Direct to the Performance Center. Where I found out they are allowed few parts for Warranty work. They freaking have to order them like they did my front sight. Why you may ask. Because they are not allowed to even see on a computer what parts are available in Production. Nor, use any of what is in the plant. Even suggested it may be better if I bought a sight from online and installed myself. I did decline that idea.

I do have 4 S&W Pistols and will NEVER purchase from them again.

41 - 58 of 58 Posts