National Gun Forum banner
21 - 40 of 58 Posts

·
Aim true !
13,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Yes he did tell me in the past. If i have a problem he will take care of it. I'll go Monday to see him. Friday the strip where he is. Is crazy with trafic.

·
Aim true !
13,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Heard back from Ruger again. Pics sent in.

Thank you for contacting Ruger Customer Service.

In order to more easily respond to your request, we would like if you can attach photos showing your issue. This can often greatly assist us in diagnosing issues without requiring you to have to send your product in to the service department.

·
Premium Member
9,394 Posts
So for $45 a more than qualified smith is going to bring your gun back to factory specs. It’s going to be throughly examined, adjusted, factory cleaned, timing and head space checked and basically returned to you in new unfired condition. I’d be hesitant to send it. You should carry it on a silk pillow to the factory. You hit pay dirt.

·
Registered
4,226 Posts
Updated
So for $45 a more than qualified smith is going to bring your gun back to factory specs. It’s going to be throughly examined, adjusted, factory cleaned, timing and head space checked and basically returned to you in new unfired condition. I’d be hesitant to send it. You should carry it on a silk pillow to the factory. You hit pay dirt.
Good news. Since it's a mfg defect. They are covering the return postage. It's going UPS too. So i guess UPS is still shipping guns.
I'm guessing they'll replace the barrel. Ruger can be impressive that's why I'm a Ruger man.
Celebration may be premature let's see what happens. Keep us posted.

Reactions: Coalcracker

·
Aim true !
13,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
The CS rep said they probably will replace the barrel. She also said take anything after market off. Incase they replace the gun. Id rather a nice bore. No reason i should have to scrub the bore everytime i shoot it. When it comes back. I'll post up how they did and a range report. I'll send it Monday. UPS was already at postage plus. I don't want to let it there over the weekend. With all the scum we have in the area now.

·
Registered
4,226 Posts
Sometimes they'll throw in a new mag, case or wipe cloth for your troubles. Never hurts to ask for a hi-viz front sight.

·
Registered
519 Posts
The CS rep said they probably will replace the barrel. She also said take anything after market off. Incase they replace the gun. Id rather a nice bore. No reason i should have to scrub the bore everytime i shoot it. When it comes back. I'll post up how they did and a range report. I'll send it Monday. UPS was already at postage plus. I don't want to let it there over the weekend. With all the scum we have in the area now.
Since you bought it Used, take the new gun if that is what they do. You don't know what else may be wrong with it right now. Don't know what you mean for certain on scrubbing the bore every time you shoot it.

·
Premium Member
2,071 Posts
Good news. Since it's a mfg defect. They are covering the return postage. It's going UPS too. So i guess UPS is still shipping guns.
yes they (ups) still ship guns… I use them frequently for guns

they just broke-up with Brownells and are no longer going steady

·
Aim true !
13,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Outlaw i have to scrub the bore of fouling from the lands being like they are. I shoot coated cast in it. I did shoot some XTPS and gas checked too. When i got it. Im saving those for when i want to crank it up. :p

·
Aim true !
13,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Got notice Ruger received my gun.
Dear Valued Ruger Customer,

We have received your Ruger firearm and are reviewing your concerns. We will work hard to address
your concerns and get back to you quickly. Our typical response time is less than one week, but we will
update you along the way so that you can track the process.

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
If they send a new one, will it need to go through an FFL and a 4473 since it will have a different serial number?

21 - 40 of 58 Posts