National Gun Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, my name's Grant. There was an attempted break in at my apartment which prompted me to finally make the leap and buy my first handgun. I registered here because what better way to learn about firearms than friendly conversation with knowledgeable gun owners like yourselves. :machinegun:

I chose a Sig Sauer Pro 2022 because of it's reputation, feel in my hand, and affordable price. I'm itching to get to the gun range and fire off some rounds. Thanks in advance for the warm welcome, I look forward to learning a lot here!

·
It's Just My 2¢
5,118 Posts
Welcome from WA

·
Registered
9,382 Posts
Nebraska welcomes you

·
Registered
5,538 Posts
Welcome from CT

·
Super Moderator
5,837 Posts
Welcome!!

·
Super Moderator
11,950 Posts
Welcome aboard and have fun in here!

Ask all the questions you like. There are a lot of very knowledgeable people who can help a great deal.

Get into a safety class BEFORE you head to the range and before you fiddle around with the gun very much. Above all, keep that finger off that trigger no matter what, until you are AT the range staring over the sights at the target. THEN go ahead and touch the trigger! :)

I suggest the local NRA gun safety course. http://www.nra.org should be able to refer you to someone.

Others in your family should take the course as well, even if they aren't going to be shooting. It's just a good idea is all.

--Wag--

1 - 9 of 9 Posts