National Gun Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
17,522 Posts
And they want to restrict our mag capacity.......

· Registered
288 Posts
Wow! The officers showed great restraint. Dittos on the magazine restrictions. Exactly, why I want my wife and myself too have high capacity magazines for personal defense.

Makes me wonder if the guy was on drugs. He was acting irrationally.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

· Keep calm & return fire!
14,178 Posts
Holy S#@T.

Officers were beyond professional.
I didn't think restraint watching that I thought tactical. I believe the officers had a pretty good idea how this was going to play out and were tactically drawing the threat away from innocents. Great jobs by the officers.

· Banned
1,116 Posts

· Registered
4,403 Posts
you don't say "please put the knife down", you say drop the @#$%&* knife or i'll blow your #$%^& head off you @#$%&. And you say it with comand voice.
People that are possibly mentally ill or on drugs and not coherent or thinking rationally won't always respond how you think they should.

· Registered
4,403 Posts
There's a trial going on now in GA, sometimes local news goes nationwide because of the wire services here or the HQ of the Communist News Network. It's the case of the cop shooting a charging naked man. I'm interested in how it plays out especially since the jurors that decide his fate are the same (type) ones that will decide mine should I decide to shoot a naked charging (vet) man. The defense is up to make their case.

I heard a snipet of the defense saying forget that he was a cop. How would (should) a human react to a charging individual. If on the jury I will never forget that he was a sworn officer. He is empowered by the government be it local or federal to take away an individuals freedom or life. He has authority that I don't have and along with that authority comes the responsibility to use it properly. More responsibility than John Q public has and should have more training to go with it. That's what certifications are all about.

As for that Guiger lady ex-cop that was found guilty of shooting that guy in his apartment. 10 years?? Possible parole in 5. Too light, life or close to it is more fitting. She doesn't get 'ole sparky because she had a uniform on at the time.

Reactions: Square target

· Banned
1,116 Posts

· Registered
17,522 Posts
There's a trial going on now in GA, sometimes local news goes nationwide because of the wire services here or the HQ of the Communist News Network. It's the case of the cop shooting a charging naked man. I'm interested in how it plays out especially since the jurors that decide his fate are the same (type) ones that will decide mine should I decide to shoot a naked charging (vet) man. The defense is up to make their case.

I heard a snipet of the defense saying forget that he was a cop. How would (should) a human react to a charging individual. If on the jury I will never forget that he was a sworn officer. He is empowered by the government be it local or federal to take away an individuals freedom or life. He has authority that I don't have and along with that authority comes the responsibility to use it properly. More responsibility than John Q public has and should have more training to go with it. That's what certifications are all about.

As for that Guiger lady ex-cop that was found guilty of shooting that guy in his apartment. 10 years?? Possible parole in 5. Too light, life or close to it is more fitting. She doesn't get 'ole sparky because she had a uniform on at the time.

Without knowing the particulars of the case and going by just what you wrote i would rule in the cops favor. The two main reasons are unarmed people can be dangerous and deadly. FBI stats show that over 600 people per year are beat to death with no weapons involved. Secondly the cop has a firearm and the guy could possibly take it from him(as seen in this video) and would be even more dangerous to the cop and anyone else nearby. I'm so tired of hearing about these "unarmed people" and the media and anti-gun groups making them out to be harmless individuals who can be stopped with a tossed marshmallow.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.