National Gun Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
54,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
JOHN BOWDEN
03/29/21

Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) owns an AR-15 for home defense, he revealed on "Fox News Sunday" this week while detailing a scenario in which he would have use the weapon to defend against gangs of looters.

During an interview with host Chris Wallace, Graham challenged Democrats and Senate Majority Leader Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) to bring an assault weapons ban to the Senate floor, claiming that it wouldn't get 50 votes, much less the 60 required to pass it without changing the filibuster.

"I would challenge Sen. Schumer to bring the assault weapons ban to the floor of the United States Senate. It won't get 50 votes, much less 60," he said.

"I own an AR-15," Graham continued. "If there's a natural disaster in South Carolina where the cops can't protect my neighborhood, my house will be the last one that the gang will come to because I can defend myself. You don't have to have an AR-15, but if you have one lawfully, I think you should be allowed to keep it."

The comments drew sharp criticism from supporters of an assault weapons ban on social media and on broadcast news networks, including from Parkland shooting survivor Cameron Kasky, who said that the senator was being fed a narrative from gun manufacturers about "apocalyptic" scenarios.

"The suggestion that a twerp like Lindsey Graham can be some sort of tough guy fending away apocalyptic invaders is just the narrative that they sell," Kasky said on MSNBC's "The Mehdi Hasan Show."

Democrats have yet to indicate that they will seek an assault weapons ban following recent mass shootings around the country, including one in Boulder, Colo., where the suspect is believed to have used a pistol designed to operate like an AR-15, known as a Ruger AR-556.

The House recently passed a bill that would expand background checks to all gun sales, and Sen. Pat Toomey (R-Pa.) said this weekend that the bill could reach 60 votes in the Senate, though Sen. Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.), a crucial swing vote, has indicated that he does not yet support it.

Reactions: gvaldeg1

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
With a AR-15 and the proper training a "Twerp" could damn well hold his own against a crowd.
If the summer of love 2020 showed us anything it is that our gun rights are more important than ever.
I ain't eating what they are shoveling.

·
Grand Imperial Poobah
23,458 Posts
The comments drew sharp criticism from supporters of an assault weapons ban on social media and on broadcast news networks, including from Parkland shooting survivor Cameron Kasky, who said that the senator was being fed a narrative from gun manufacturers about "apocalyptic" scenarios.
It's really convenient how the anti-gun left keeps forgetting about the LA/Rodney King riots, Hurricane Katrina, Ferguson, etc., etc., etc. .... when the police were overwhelmed and the public was basically on their own.

·
Super Moderator
11,884 Posts
Note how the left resorts to name-calling right off the bat. As if that adds credibility to their arguments.

--Wag--

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
"The suggestion that a twerp like Lindsey Graham can be some sort of tough guy fending away apocalyptic invaders is just the narrative that they sell,

How about your mother Mr. Kasky? Or a senior citizen? Doesn't have to be a hoard of zombies, how about just a single bad guy with poor intentions? Are they allowed to only defend themselves based on your perceptions or should they be able to use what they see as their best option?

If some guy just mowed over ten people on a sidewalk with his SUV should we be going door to door with a wrecker and collecting car keys from everyone else that owns an SUV?

·
Registered
14,425 Posts
It's really convenient how the anti-gun left keeps forgetting about the LA/Rodney King riots, Hurricane Katrina, Ferguson, etc., etc., etc. .... when the police were overwhelmed and the public was basically on their own.
Don't leave out the massive unrest from last year that went mostly unchecked by the police that were told to stand down.

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
I have a question for Mr. Graham:
If his GOP friends in the senate are not able to stop a law that authorizes the government to take the AR-15 from citizens, by force if necessary, what would Mr. Graham would do when the DemocRATic storm troopers show up at his house to pick up his AR-15?
Mr. Graham and his GOP friends had the opportunity to defeat anti-gun initiatives and laws, and they failed to do so..

Update: I noticed that the original message was saying the opposite of what I was trying to say. Hey! I am a lousy typist!

Reactions: GeorgeandSugar

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
I have accepted that the likes of Lyndsey Graham, Bob Barr and John Durham have become the poster children of conservative hopes that never come to fruition; that justice be done and the honesty and integrity be restored to our government.
Nancy Pelosi and Adam Schiff can lie like they invented it. They can impeach a president in less time than it takes the Republicans to "ask for an investigation."
Republicans in and out of office can be bankrupted, smeared, threatened, sent to jail and reputations ruined in short order, yet we still wait for the rule of law when it comes to
Clinton (pick one)
"Gate" (add your own prefix)
Voter Fraud
The Ukraine
bla bla bla
Conservatives wait on and on and on for investigations and committees and for reports, and yet nothing is done.
The media and liberals tell us it is because there is nothing to see.
And yet, to this day, we still believe the next time a Democrat does this or that, that they will be frog marched into the courthouse. We still trust the FBI, the CIA, any justice department, the courts, intelligence committees...
It is Lucy holding the football and Charlie Brown trying to kick it again.

·
Registered
14,924 Posts
I lost any respect for graham when he cried on national tv when he thought he might lose his "job". He knows he can't do anything else except preach to the choir about stuff he can't or won't do anything about. He's a weasel. When the chips are down, he'll sell us out to save his own @$$.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts