National Gun Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14,933 Posts

·
Banned
1,453 Posts
I will stop watching NASCAR when they stop advertising for Charmin because that's the single-issue major cause célèbre.

I don't watch the actual NASCAR event because it has nothing to offer. The Charmin ads, however ... I'd like to have a full DVD of those.

·
Registered
629 Posts
NASCAR, National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing, has definitely forgotten their roots in American stock car racing and has become a global corporation just like so many others. American gunowners are still a considerable political power in the US but are insignificant in global political power. If NASCAR is going to market to globalists then let the globalists fill their stadiums and watch their advertisers commercials on TV.

·
Registered
8,370 Posts
I can have more fun driving counterclockwise around my neighborhood

·
Registered
629 Posts
I will stop watching NASCAR when they stop advertising for Charmin because that's the single-issue major cause célèbre.

I don't watch the actual NASCAR event because it has nothing to offer. The Charmin ads, however ... I'd like to have a full DVD of those.
I just ordered a new truck. I talked to 6 dealers before I got to one who seemed interested enough in my business to get serious with them. Once I found a dealer who wanted my business then we had a deal within about 3 hours.

For me, same thing goes to advertisers and other sellers. I never boycott anyone but if they express that they're not interested in my business then I simply oblige. I remember when Casper Mattresses quit advertising on Hannity. The message that I sent them wasn't that I would boycott them or never do business with them. I simply explained to them that when I got into the market for a mattress I wouldn't be considering theirs because their advertisements wouldn't be reaching me. In fact, I explained to them, it was them boycotting me, not the other way around; they made the choice and made it clear that they were not interested in my business.

Same thing for NASCAR,. They're saying to me that they find me and my interests offensive and they don't want me around. I'm willing to honor their wishes.

·
Banned
1,453 Posts
This story has a formulaic plot:

Gun sales and ads are toxic. NASCAR is yielding to public pressure. It's the same old "Dicks, Walmart, anti-NRA sponsorship," evolution.

NASCAR ad spots are coveted spaces and in limited supply. They feel they can do better with less agita.

Recall that NASCAR distanced themselves from the "Marlboro Country" movement decades ago for similar reasons.

It's a business decision.

·
Super Moderator
14,887 Posts
If it makes anyone feel any better, I would stop watching NASCAR if I watched NASCAR.

Alan

Reactions: BigNastyCowboy
1 - 11 of 11 Posts