National Gun Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Premium Member
9,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few weeks ago I was on GB and wound up bidding on a Ruger Mark II with the 4” regular contour barrel. There were 13 bids and it was up to $240.00. It still had two days to go but I figured, why not throw in a bid for $245.00. I completely forgot about it and opened my email a few days later and to my surprise, I won! It’s at my LGS waiting for my pistol permit from the state. ( I hate this state)
Two days ago I was on there and I was looking at shotguns. I saw a Tri Star 20 Ga OU and the bid was $335.00. I threw in a $345.00 bid and won! Now I bought two guns in two weeks. I gotta stop!
When you start looking around and see a deal, it can get expensive. I’m going to need a part time job to support this bad habit.

· Aim true !
14,169 Posts
I know how you feel. I need to stay off Gators guns site. He wouldn't do the trade i wanted on the Ruger SR 45 1911 target. I almost pulled some money from my car fund. But i resisted.

· Super Moderator
6,145 Posts
Sounds like you we're happy lol Congrats! I'm just the opposite. I put in a bid sn no matter how high I get out bided every time. For example - Little Jennings J22 good shape with box was either Bryco or Jennings don't remember. So, I put in a bid for 175 figure no one would even bid that high for a Jennings J22, right? Figure 75 tops maybe 90. Wrong. Was out bided and had to bid 185 to stay in the game. Nope, have fun its yours lol. I think it sold for 225. Guess some people just want to win, or it was some set up to get more money out of someone.

· Keep calm & return fire!
14,178 Posts
Stamps, I am with ya on hating this state. Our gun laws are beyond ridiculous but I know I'm preaching to the choir.
The browning Citori I just bought came from gun broker. I thought I got a good deal. I also just bought my sons a tri star 20ga O/U from Buds but it was about $100 more than what you paid. I didn't even think to look on GB for it. shame on me. I did look on gun.deals and Buds price was fair but I obviously would have liked $345 much better.

I haven't done it in a while but to make matters even worse, I have a great relationship with my FFL and I can buy pistols whenever I want and he will hold them for me until I get my permits.
Thats a double edged sword in my opinion. Its a great but dangerous option...LOL

Good luck with the Tri star. We'll have to compare note once we get some rounds through em. They are extremely well reviewed for being such a budget minded gun.

Coal, good job on the restraint. I know its hard. The Ruger SR1911 is in my opinion the best bang for your buck 1911.

· Premium Member
9,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Speed,I have two Tri Star 12 ga left handed autos and I bought a 28 ga OU for my son because he hunts woodcock and I bought a 410 OU for pheasants over dogs. Tri Stars seem to be well made. Let me know if you want to chase some pheasants this fall up in Harmony.

· Registered
18,036 Posts
Sounds like you we're happy lol Congrats! I'm just the opposite. I put in a bid sn no matter how high I get out bided every time. For example - Little Jennings J22 good shape with box was either Bryco or Jennings don't remember. So, I put in a bid for 175 figure no one would even bid that high for a Jennings J22, right? Figure 75 tops maybe 90. Wrong. Was out bided and had to bid 185 to stay in the game. Nope, have fun its yours lol. I think it sold for 225. Guess some people just want to win, or it was some set up to get more money out of someone.

What am I missing? $225 for a Jennings 22? Is a J different from a JA? Guy downtown used to sell JA22's for $100.

· Keep calm & return fire!
14,178 Posts
Let me know if you want to chase some pheasants this fall up in Harmony.
Thank you very much for the offer but believe it or not, I dont hunt. I dont even have a hunting license. Odd considering my dad and father in law were both hunters.
Theres a few of us that live within reasonable driving distance of each other. Would love to put together a northeast NGF range day next spring.
Be pretty cool to put faces to names.
I've only met one person from here. Went and shot with D.Nickerson last year. Awesome guy.

· Super Moderator
6,145 Posts
What am I missing? $225 for a Jennings 22? Is a J different from a JA? Guy downtown used to sell JA22's for $100.

Same but different. To try n sum it up quick.....Jimenez JA-22 (Jimenez Arms) makes the JA-22. Jimenez Arms purchased Bryco who was Jennings Arms renamed when it claimed bankruptcy. The Jennings J-22 when it fist sold was fetching 50 to 65 dollars then went to down hill. The "Saturday night specials" name was given to them by the left long with the others in the "ring of fire" group - Bryco, Jennings, Lorcin, Davis, Ravin, Phoenix, Calwestco, Sundance, Sedco,(I'm missing a few others from this family and "acquaintances", its late). They were dubbed "Ring of Fire" by some left wing physician who wanted them gone. So, Jimenez Arms now makes the J-22 though under their name and designation - Jimenez JA-22.

· Premium Member
9,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I had one of those J22’s. You couldn’t hit a barn at 10’ but it would fit in a dress shirt pocket. That’s why I got rid of it. I had small kids at home and that thing looked like a toy and I just wanted it gone.

· Registered
18,036 Posts
Yea, those cheap gun draw quite the crowd. I have my Cobra 32 on Armslist for $85. In the listing I say CWP or pick am FFL of your choice, pawn shops do it cheap. I've had two emails, "No CWP, is that a problem?" In Florida, all that is required is that both buyer and seller live here. It even says no paperwork is required between private parties. But I don't want to sell it to some haysuse and here about him shooting his girlfriend that night. I'll probably just keep it.

· Registered
319 Posts
A few weeks ago I was on GB and wound up bidding on a Ruger Mark II with the 4” regular contour barrel. There were 13 bids and it was up to $240.00. It still had two days to go but I figured, why not throw in a bid for $245.00. I completely forgot about it and opened my email a few days later and to my surprise, I won! It’s at my LGS waiting for my pistol permit from the state. ( I hate this state)
Two days ago I was on there and I was looking at shotguns. I saw a Tri Star 20 Ga OU and the bid was $335.00. I threw in a $345.00 bid and won! Now I bought two guns in two weeks. I gotta stop!
When you start looking around and see a deal, it can get expensive. I’m going to need a part time job to support this bad habit.
According to your location it says you're in NJ, as a former New Jerseyan myself my best advice for you is to get out. I once went through the entire painful process of getting a handgun in NJ years ago, it was ridiculous, had to get references, had to get fingerprinted, had to pay a fee, and then after waiting about nine months my handgun purchasing permit finally came. You might want to do what I did and move west of the Delaware River into the beautiful Keystone State of PA, we could use more people like you here.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.