National Gun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 127 Posts

·
AZHerper
5,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to start with a couple of statements. First, I believe that everyone has a right to choose whether or not they take a vaccine shot. I decided to get 3. Second., I believe that the administration is playing the pandemic kind of like a tragic bridge game. The latest card that they played is the Omicron variant. Now, will somebody "Trump" that card. As an aside, I believe that the Omicron variant is less virulent than the original virus but that is the trajectory that all virus mutations historically take. And, finally, I got my Pfizer covid booster shot today. I've had covid and recovered so I have native immunity. Also, now, I've had 3 vaccine shots so I imagine that I probably have good immunity.

·
Aim true !
12,724 Posts
You should be good to go for awhile now. It gives me more confidence when im out in public places. I got my 3rd one last month.

Reactions: Nod and gvaldeg1

·
Grand Imperial Poobah
27,249 Posts
I suspect natural immunity is a lot more effective than all three vaccine(?) jabs combined.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
I went through Covid last month ended up making a trip to the ER and my wife ended up spending a couple nights in the hospital as both of us had what they called Covid pneumonia. I got to go home because I had an oxygen generator at home, they kept my wife as we didn't have a second oxygen machine on hand. I borrowed a spare machine from a friend the next day. For those who choose to take the vaccine it is their choice. I refuse to take it or any of the boosters. I'm not anti vaccine just anti THAT Vaccine.

·
Salmon Slayer
685 Posts
We’ve been taking multi-vitamins, D3, zink supplements for years and have not succumbed to any major illness for a long while. We will not be forced to getting the jab since we’re both retired.
I do understand that many feel the need, more power to them. ;)
Be safe out there people.

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
56,689 Posts
I survived a bout of covid-19 durring the of summer of 2020. I survived another bout of covid (delta) this autumn. Both times I was very sick 2 - 3 weeks. Although strongly encouraged to request professional medical assistance, I resisted both times (probably should have gone to the hospital but didn't). The antibodies I acquired from the 2020 bout had no, zero, zip, nada effect on the delta variant. It took about a year to fully recover from the first bout. I imagine the time frame will be similar for this last bout. I would not wish this evil sickness on anyone.

The VA says I now have antibodies for both the beta and the delta variants. I'm receiving considerable pressure to get the series of jabs. I'm considering doing so but... It doesn't feel right.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Due to preexisting health issues that my wife suffers from, she is considered high risk. So we opted to get the Pfizer shots.
I picked something up back in late 2019 that kept me down for three weeks. This was very unusual for me. I'm a service plumber so I've been vaccinated for the usual stuff including hepatitis A and B.
Due to my occupation My immune system is jacked up on overdrive at all times. So I've suspected my bout with whatever it was back in 2019 might have been covid. At the time I self quarantined myself in our camper.
I agree with Gvaldeg 1's statement that he believes that whether or not anyone decides to be vaccinated its that individuals choice.
on a different note is there anyone around the MPLS area that is up for some upland bird or maybe some "Natures Potato Chips" (Rabbit) hunting?

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
I decided to get the shot before there was a shot. Being almost 9 in dog years and having been a pin cushion for uncle Sam I don't have much to lose. I have some pre-morbidities so I was concerned when I got the China virus last year. I did pretty good with it and seemed to have fully recovered. I think I have some additional brain fog but that's hard to determine as I hear old man time makes it worse not better. I need to see my cardiologist and see if he can tell if anything got worse.

It's been about a year since being bestowed with God given immunity so I figured the time was right to get what I consider to be the booster. I credit God with my design and creation so I call natural immunity God given. I decided on the J&J to avoid any mRNA varieties, personal choice and not looking for any debates or discussions on safety. I believe them to be safe but given the choice, and I was, went with the Jansen.

I had almost no arm pain and just mild malaise. I took that to mean my natural immunity was still good. I went to the Dr and meant to get an antibody test before getting the shot but a new Dr and they send you through the mill so fast I didn't realize he was done and before I knew it I was waiting to give blood on my way out.

Off topic but all my labs were good I usually get high triglycerides but it was good. My A1C tells me I'm prediabetic but been there for a while and haven't crossed over yet.

When I made the appt I asked if they had the J&J and they told me they did. I asked if they were sure and they said yes. I show up and ask for the J&J and they didn't have it. That's why I keep asking and annoy people and ask the same question in different ways but alas. I had to go to COSTCO one stop shot and shop.

I am now protected by God and Costco.

·
Registered
3,272 Posts
Omicron or the midterm variant however you want to label it will be used to push for the same stupid blanket mail in ballots next year as was done in 2020. That is the only hope the Dems have is to cheat big time again.
I got the shots and the booster and each time I was sick for 2 days. Now big pharma is saying they can have a booster for the new variant in 100 days. Follow the money, big pharma is making out like a bandit and our tax dollars are paying for it. Not sure I will be taking any more booster shots.

·
Registered
15,827 Posts
I've been on the fence about the booster. My wife and I both got the moderna and she came down with covid a couple of months ago. I got a little sick for a couple of days but my test was negative. My wifes doctor told her not to bother with the booster because she had covid plus the shots. When i went to my doctor to re-up my meds we talked a bit and he said i probably had covid as well even though my test was negative. I also think any of the shots should be a personal choice though i do think some of the excuses are outlandish. I have a few friends on my FB that i have known for quite a long time that still believe there are microchips being implanted. Other than those beliefs they are actually quite sane and normal people.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
I've been on the fence about the booster. My wife and I both got the moderna and she came down with covid a couple of months ago. I got a little sick for a couple of days but my test was negative. My wifes doctor told her not to bother with the booster because she had covid plus the shots. When i went to my doctor to re-up my meds we talked a bit and he said i probably had covid as well even though my test was negative. I also think any of the shots should be a personal choice though i do think some of the excuses are outlandish. I have a few friends on my FB that i have known for quite a long time that still believe there are microchips being implanted. Other than those beliefs they are actually quite sane and normal people.
I would probably have told your wife the same thing but don't listen to me. She was advised by her health care professional that knows her unique situation the covid booster was not recommended at this time. That sounds prudent. I would add that it might behoove you to take a covid antibody test on y'alls next visit.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Do what you want, wife and I both have had the phizer vaccine and will get our booster shots this coming Wednesday, to each his own.

·
Registered
67 Posts
My young nephew, mid 30's got his first shot last August.
Within a week he had severe muscle pain and was taken to the hospital.
He developed compartment syndrome in all of his extremities.
He was hospitalized for a month, spent two weeks in an induced coma.
Every limb was opened for draining.
He now has one to two foot long scars on each leg and arm.
He almost lost a leg due to infection.
He currently is still dealing with an infection in one leg.
The doctors are entering him into a study and they are nearly 100% sure this was a side effect from the vaccine.
The doctors do expect a full recovery.....but it may take a year to get back to where he was.

·
Aim true !
12,724 Posts
Ouch that sucks Moark. I'll say a prayer for him tonight.

Reactions: Philmo11

·
Super Moderator
5,974 Posts
Have you guys heard of the new wuhan, the NU variant? Was found this past Friday, forgot where, though we'll be seeing a huge push for the shots coming in Jan if not sooner. Named it for the Greek number seeing it's the 13th found. The new nu wu flu.

1 - 20 of 127 Posts