National Gun Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Last Stand on Earth
3,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Got my hands on 3k small pistol and 3k small rifle today. $50/box. Good day so far. Looks like I have plenty to load 223, 6.5 Grendel, 380, 9mm and 40S&W.

Also picked up 8lbs of IMR4451. There was load data for my 6.5 Creedmoor and 243 Win bullets. Hopefully find some data for the 300 PRC. 308 Win would also be nice. The load data for Creedmoor is potent, nearly 3100 FPS with those 140gr.

The booty...

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
Good score, thirty some bucks regular per/k,fitty is not too unreasonable if you need primers.

·
Registered
8,092 Posts
I am just happy that I still have a reasonable stock pile. Now if I could just make a place to set up a press.

·
Aim true !
11,657 Posts
Ammo is loosening up too. I been finding brass again. Walmart has been getting ammo and the LGS too.

Reactions: Philmo11

·
Last Stand on Earth
3,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ammo is loosening up too. I been finding brass again. Walmart has been getting ammo and the LGS too.
Some more 300 PRC for under $6.50/rd would be nice. I just ordered my brother an RPR 300 PRC and Vortex Strike Eagle 5-25x56. without ammo, he's going to be mooching the stash...

·
Last Stand on Earth
3,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That reminds me, my Strike Eagle for the 6.5 came in today, as did the mount. I don't have the energy to go out an level it. I'll mount it up tonight and and the Athlon on the 243 then deal with leveling and sighting them in tomorrow. Cantilever won't work on the Savage so I have to get new rings.

·
Super Moderator
11,946 Posts
Hey, you have primers! :)

--Wag--

·
Aim true !
11,657 Posts
My son is picking a Sar 9mm today. He said the LGS got some reloading stuff in. Im going to tag along and check prices.

·
Aim true !
11,657 Posts
No primers or powders. I did get some Tru-oil for 6.77 after tax. My son put more down on the Sar. He was going to trade his smaller sar in. I talked him into keeping it. Told him when he needs deeper concealment. The smaller one would be better.

·
Registered
14,558 Posts
6,000 primers at a semi decent price! How many people did you have to hold hostage to get those?

·
Registered
14,558 Posts
Had to go through 3 different checkouts because there was a limit of two.
That sounds so much less dramatic than holding hostages......Oh well, was hoping for a good story. 😂

·
Last Stand on Earth
3,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That sounds so much less dramatic than holding hostages......Oh well, was hoping for a good story. 😂
We did have some Ocean’s 11 crap going on, 2 of snatching 10k primers takes some work :p. Needless to say we were being watched. One of the managers mentioned that “we came back in?” So of course, I bought a gun too... and a powder measure... and maybe a scope...

Little brother now has the same 300 PRC setup I have.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts