National Gun Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I picked up an older Single Six in SS with a 6" barrel the other day. It also has the mag cylinder. I picked it up with a nice leather holster for $150.
I always wanted another and just never bought one. I paid $71 brand new for my first blued short barreled Single Six in 1967.
This gun is an early 80's vintage and had custom grips on it.
Heavier than the blued but I don't think I could ever wear it out. And it's more accurate than the short barrel that I had.
In all the guns that i have ever bought I often wondered why I never bought another Single Six.

·
Aim true !
10,330 Posts
Awesome congrats on the find. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
5,951 Posts
Congrats on the nice find! Single six’s are real nice shooters. The one I have has a 8” I think. I usually go for shorter barreled guns like my 4-5/8” Black Hawk.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ruger Single Six

I picked up an older Single Six in SS with a 6" barrel the other day. It also has the mag cylinder. I picked it up with a nice leather holster for $150.
I always wanted another and just never bought one. I paid $71 brand new for my first blued short barreled Single Six in 1967.
This gun is an early 80's vintage and had custom grips on it.
Heavier than the blued but I don't think I could ever wear it out. And it's more accurate than the short barrel that I had.
In all the guns that i have ever bought I often wondered why I never bought another Single Six.
Great price for that SS barreled six shooter; I've had the 5 inch barrel model since 1973 which I believe was the first year for the "new" model with the transfer bar ignition. The revolver has holster wear and literally tens of thousands of rounds through it and still shoots great. Looks good to with its' wear markings.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts