National Gun Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Aim true !
14,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They had winchester ammo too. I'll try it then also. I don't think the coal twp walmart carries hornady. The Selinsgrove store may. They do carry hornady bullets for reloading. I like the dark finish too.

· Registered
1,944 Posts
Looking forward to shooting it. Im going to get a mil dot reticle scope for it then too. Its a savage heavy barrel.. I like the dark finish too on the stock.
View attachment 118767
There are 3, 17 HMR's in my lineup, a Ruger Single Six, Ruger 77/17 and a Browning T Bolt. I've shot countless prairie dogs with them and love the caliber. Anyway, out to about 100 yards it will actually punch a neat little hole through a clay pigeon. Usually takes a couple hits to break one. I haven't shot the HMR much beyond 150 yards, for the longer shots I prefer my 17 WSM.

· Aim true !
14,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Im still shopping for scopes. I stole the Simmons pro target off my 10/22 for now. And put the 4x32 on the 10/22. Im dying to shoot it. Hope this week after my surgery. My son's been busy with work. He said thursdays are slow for him. He's doing doordash.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.