National Gun Forum banner

61 - 68 of 68 Posts

·
Keep calm & return fire!
10,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #61

SHREVEPORT, La. (KTAL/KMSS) – An attempted home invasion and robbery is thwarted by a sister with a gun who’s quick reaction helped to save her brother.

It was early Sunday morning when a Shreveport homeowner said he was working on his Jeep in his garage along with his sister when two men with guns rushed up to him shouting “where’s the money?”
“I was leaning into my Jeep and two boys came up behind me and one grabbed me by my arm and the other grabbed me by my head and went to walk me into my house and … we ended up getting into a shootout in my garage,” he said.
His Jeep has bullet holes from that shootout. His younger sister jumped into action. He did not want to share their names, but shared how they defended themselves.
“She was in the passenger seat working the radio and she saw the boy with a gun to my head and saw him walking me into the house and she just took charge from there.”
She pulled out her gun and fired on the men attacking her brother, striking 21-year-old Marcus Smith and holding him at gunpoint until police arrived. As she chased them out of her house they fired back and hit her brother.
“I looked down and I had a bullet in my chest and I pulled it out myself. I was like I see it. So I just pulled it out myself,” he said.
He was in the hospital for a day but soon went back to work along with his sister who’s a healthcare worker. He’s thankful for his sister reacting so fast.
“She saved my life!”
The other suspect, 20-year-old Derrick Thomas was arrested Wednesday after a tip to police.
This incident happened outside a home that is in front of Summerfield Elementary School on Ardis Taylor Drive just off Mansfield Road in Shreveport.
The homeowner said he’s glad they had their guns on them, did not panic, and will not be leaving the garage door open anymore. He said they’ve started carrying their guns more since the pandemic.
Thomas faces attempted second-degree murder. He was already wanted on a separate felony. Smith faces attempted first-degree murder.

·
Keep calm & return fire!
10,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #62

COLOMA — One man is dead after he allegedly broke into a home in Coloma Township and was shot by the homeowner early Thursday morning.
Coloma Township Police Chief Wes Smigielski identified the deceased man as Kevin Cox, 47. The homeowner’s name is being withheld as the investigation continues, Smigielski said.

·
Keep calm & return fire!
10,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #63

CHICAGO - A man is accused of firing shots at a concealed-carry holder who returned fire Wednesday in Little Village on the Southwest Side.
Fernando Cornejo, 23, was charged with seven felony counts of aggravated discharge of a firearm, Chicago police said.
He allegedly approached a 24-year-old man about 9:15 p.m. in the yard of a home in the 2400 block of South Kedvale Avenue and unleashed gunfire, police said.

The 24-year-old, who is a concealed-carry license holder, returned fire, striking Cornejo multiple times, police said.
Cornejo was taken to Mount Sinai Hospital in critical condition, police said.

·
Keep calm & return fire!
10,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #64

DEKALB COUNTY, Tenn. (WZTV) — The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation is investigating a deadly shooting in DeKalb County.
One man died in the shooting on Carter Drive in Smithville at about 12:30 p.m. Thursday.
Responding crews found the man lying on the front porch of a home with gunshot wounds. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Preliminary investigation suggests the homeowner and man exchanged gunfire and the homeowner fatally shot the man.

The man's identity has not yet been released and no arrests have been made.

·
Premium Member
5,355 Posts
Make your attacker advance through a wall of lead. He may kill you with your own gun but he’ll have to beat you to death with it because it will be empty.

·
Keep calm & return fire!
10,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #66

SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. (3TV/CBS 5) – Two men are dead and a third was wounded and is in the hospital after an early morning shooting in Scottsdale.
It happened at about 2:40 a.m. at the Circle K near 81st Street and Indian School Road, which is just east of Hayden Road.

According Sgt. Ben Hoster of the Scottsdale Police Department, an armed man walked into the Circle K intent on robbing the place.

"He fired several rounds at the clerk during the robbery when he was obtaining money," Hoster explained. While that was happening, another man -- "an innocent bystander" -- walked into the store, Hoster said. The suspect shot and killed him.
The clerk managed to escape out the back. He was not hurt.
Another bystander "engaged the suspect in gunfire" as he left the store. "A gunfight ensued. The suspect was killed at the scene."

Source: 3TV/CBS 5
The second bystander was wounded, but stayed at the scene and was later taken to the hospital.
Detectives say the suspect had committed two other armed robberies earlier in the night. He hit the Circle K at the Loop 101 and Shea Boulevard at about 11:45 p.m., Hoster said. The other robbery was at 2:15 a.m. at a Mesa Circle K. Hoster said the suspect fired his gun in both incidents, but nobody was hurt.
Police say Indian School Road is closed between 81st and 82nd streets while detectives conduct the on-scene portion of their investigation.

·
Keep calm & return fire!
10,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #67

GALVESTON, Texas (KTRK) -- One person is dead following a Thursday night home invasion in a Galveston Island neighborhood.

The incident happened just after 11:00 p.m. on Darcy Street near 103rd St.

Police say a resident reported that an intruder had been shot while breaking in through the window of a home.

Crews arrived to find one person dead at the scene.

It is unclear if anyone else was involved.

·
Keep calm & return fire!
10,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #68

DETROIT (FOX 2) - A fatal shooting in downtown Detroit Tuesday night shows how quickly things can go bad during a road rage altercation.

The incident killed a 34-year-old man after an exchange of words with a couple riding their bikes on Jefferson in front of the Renaissance Center.

Armed bicyclist shot knife wielding man to death in downtown road rage incident
The cyclist's girlfriend who was an armed, Concealed Pistol License holder, fired a single shot killing the man. Detroit police placed her under arrest.

Detroit police sources say the man was in an SUV and was upset with the cyclists riding on Jefferson.
He shouted at them and one of the cyclists shouted back, prompting the man to get out of the SUV and confront the vocal cyclist with a knife.

The cyclist's girlfriend, who was an armed, Concealed Pistol License holder, fired a single shot killing the man. Detroit police placed her under arrest.
Attorney and firearms expert Terry Johnson said he believes the shooting was justified.
"Realistically she has a right to protect herself but under Michigan law, she has the right to protect others as well," said Johnson. "Just the fact that the other person had a knife and she had a gun doesn't matter. Just the mere fact her boyfriend was in imminent fear of death, great bodily harm at that particular time, she had the right to use lethal force."
Craig Williams is an avid cyclist and says scenarios like Tuesday's tragedy weighs heavily on his mind whenever he gets on his bike.
"I try to be alert, keep your eyes on the surroundings around you. I usually give cars the right of way," he said. "For him to come out with a knife, and for her to come out with a gun, it just escalates the situation - and that helps nobody."
Police sources say they believe this was likely a case of justifiable homicide and that the woman had the legal right to use lethal force. The Wayne County Prosecutor's Office will have the final say on charges.
Police say footage from the ren cen security cameras are believed to have recorded the incident and will be used as the investigation continues.

61 - 68 of 68 Posts