National Gun Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Aim true !
10,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have it checked now and then, Best result i had since starting reloading. 4.6 ug/dL . Sept is was 11.1 January 2019 is was. 9,4. 1st time i had i checked 10/18 it was 17.9

Reactions: Square target

·
Aim true !
10,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lol yes. I think my exposure came from handling fired brass. Now when i dacap it . I was my hands often.

·
Grand Imperial Poobah
22,270 Posts
All it means is you're going to die ....................................................... of old age.

Reactions: Coalcracker

·
Registered
13,204 Posts
Seriously....When i started reading this i thought the results were from a load you were using but i was trying to figure out the jargon you were using and then i realized what it was. LOL. I'm actually going to do my blood work tomorrow and go see my doctor in a couple of weeks. Hopefully he's still adding the lead check in mine so i can see. Mine was hovering around 5 i think which is just slightly high.

·
Aim true !
10,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have to tell my doc i want lead tested. She always ask why? I tell her why then. ''Oh that is a good reason''

·
Super Moderator
11,351 Posts
The trick is to stop stirring the fired brass into your beer.

--Wag--

·
Registered
13,204 Posts
yeah i had mine start testing me a couple of years ago. I think my first test was maybe a 7 and it's pretty much been around 5 since. When i seen the 4.9 i was thinking grains and trying to figure out what the hell kind of powder ug/dl was.

·
Aim true !
10,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry for the confusion.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Drinking plenty of milk may be a good idea. I'm fuzzing the details, but something about the way calcium interacts with lead on the cellular level can protect from lead poisoning. Prevents the lead from being absorbed, or something like that. Still worth getting tested periodically, but it may help keeps those numbers down.

·
Aim true !
10,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah i love milk. Im thankful i can still drink it. My wife can't drink much milk. She is lactose intolerant. About ill i drink is milk and sugar free cooliade. Im diabetic so have to watch sugared drinks.

Reactions: ArthAnsgar

·
Registered
13,204 Posts
Sorry for the confusion.

No confusion on your part, just my stupidity and not reading the whole thing.

OJ cleans lead out too but i think you said you can't drink much.

Reactions: ArthAnsgar

·
Aim true !
10,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Im thinking oranges may do the same thing. I do have an orange every day.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts