National Gun Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A Marine LTC is doing PT on a beach with his battalion when he notices an Army Ranger standing alone atop a nearby hill, full Class A uniform, locked up at attention. His curiosity getting the better of him, he sends one of his Marines up the hill to find out why the Ranger is standing there.

When the Lance Corporal gets within talking distance of the Ranger, the Ranger turns and runs into the woods. The Marine follows him. About 15 seconds later, the LTC sees the Ranger return to the exact same spot and stand at attention, with no sign of his Marine.

Slightly confused at the Marine's failure to come back with an answer, the LTC sends a squad up the hill. When the squad is a little outside of talking distance with the Ranger, the Ranger again turns and runs into the woods. 30 seconds later, the Ranger again comes out of the woods and stands at attention in the exact same spot as before.

Now the LTC is irritated. He sends a platoon of Marines up the hill with orders to drag the Ranger to him, if need be. When the platoon reaches the Ranger, he turns and runs into the woods, leaving the Marines in the dust, who in turn follow. 45 seconds later, the Ranger returns to the same spot, with no sign of the platoon of Marines.

By this point the LTC is furious. He sends the entire battalion up the hill to get that Ranger at all costs. When the Battalion gets within rock throwing distance, the Ranger runs into the woods with a battalion of angry Marines on his heels. This time the LTC hears the sounds of a major hand-to-hand battle going on. He is shocked when he sees the Ranger, still in full dress without a hair out of place, return to the top of the hill, with absolutely no sign of his battalion.

A few minutes later, he notices one of his PFCs dragging himself down the hill, bleeding and bruised. The LTC runs up to the young Marine and asks him, "What the hell happened?! What's that Ranger doing?!"

The PFC gasps out his reply, "They tricked us, Sir! There were TWO of them!"

·
Registered
569 Posts
The Leathernecks will be chiming in shortly I'm sure.. :D

G

·
who the hell told you that one?? jesus. Not to be on one side or anything but the marines are alot tougher there man. your reading the text of one.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Andy said:
who the hell told you that one?? jesus. Not to be on one side or anything but the marines are alot tougher there man. your reading the text of one.

I don't know about that. The Marines didn't scale the cliffs at Pointe du Hoc at Normandy, and then lead the way through the entire European theater of operations.

Sure, the Marines were in the Pacific, but so was the Army. The Marines weren't in Europe. The Marines are a scalpel. Precise and lethal. The Army is a sledgehammer. Destructive and awesome.

G

·
true. I'm not saying the army in WW2 was worse or anything. They were fighting a totaly different enemy also. The Nazis had true war tactics and the Japs were mostly gurilla warfare with suicide attacks. I do think the army had it rough no dought about it. but the marines had it just the same if not worse. It all depend on who you talk to i guess

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Andy said:
true. I'm not saying the army in WW2 was worse or anything. They were fighting a totaly different enemy also. The Nazis had true war tactics and the Japs were mostly gurilla warfare with suicide attacks. I do think the army had it rough no dought about it. but the marines had it just the same if not worse. It all depend on who you talk to i guess

I'm saying that the Army was stretched farther than the Marines, and was still an effective fighting force. It's the exact same situation now. The Army is doing most of the fighting and they're still filling the support roles.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts