National Gun Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Live Free
2,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got out to shoot a bit today. Did some steel shooting with the Creedmore at 400 yds and put a few more rounds through my Howa mini 6.5 Grendel. The wind was being a bit contrary today coming out of the northeast at 8 to 10 mph, and then gusting up to fifteen and more at times. Our range shoots north. Decided to play with the .22 for a bit. Started at 50 to verify the scope since I had not shot it since we moved, and worked it out to 100. Wasn’t my best shooting but was staying within 1.5 inches at 100, so I thought it would be fun to shoot the steel chicken silhouette that sits at 155. That is when it got fun trying to comp for the wind and range. Wish I could say I did real good, but I would say the best I did was about fifty/fifty, but it was a load of fun. Should have brought more ammo...

·
Aim true !
10,550 Posts
Good to hear you got out. Im still waiting for my scope to come for the 17hmr. I decided to save my ammo for when the scope comes. Instead of zeroing 2 scopes.

Reactions: AgedWarrior

·
Live Free
2,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I may have shot a little more than I intended yesterday...but it was fun!
I am checking zero on at least two scopes each range trip now, just to make sure all is good after moving...gives me a good excuse to shoot em! :)

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Glad you had some fun. I haven’t shot anything since last Saturday before taking Max hunting. I ran 80+ rds of slugs through those VR80’s trying to get the red dots sighted before I gave up. I couldn’t get a group smaller than 10” at 50 yards. It was insane. Both of them. That butt pad is atrocious on those things. Bruised the crap out of my shoulder from hard rubber bars on the rear of the pad.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Oh yeah, and in my frustration, like an idiot I forget the side charging handle on those is on the left. I reached up as I was looking through the scope, wrapped my fingers around the magwell to steady it, thumb up, palm against the receiver and fired. My thumb took the full blunt of the slugs recoil because it didn’t try to cycle. Ouch!

·
Live Free
2,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh yeah, and in my frustration, like an idiot I forget the side charging handle on those is on the left. I reached up as I was looking through the scope, wrapped my fingers around the magwell to steady it, thumb up, palm against the receiver and fired. My thumb took the full blunt of the slugs recoil because it didn’t try to cycle. Ouch!
Yeah, I bet that hurt! I suspect you will remember that in the future!

·
Live Free
2,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am getting to the range every other week right now. I take three guns and enjoy a couple hours (or more) each time I go. Shoots up a bunch of ammo when I get to havin fun, but everything I am shooting is several years old...time to reload! :) The .22 ammo is fairly old too...I rotate my stock to shoot up the oldest first.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts