National Gun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Jesus Saves
8,685 Posts
somebody here not long ago used "ladies and guys" as an intro thread; as a male, I rather detest the term "guy"; my grandfather used "dame" a lot even for his own wife
Ok, so what is it about "guys" that you do not like? Dame, just by it's definition, is a word would not use to address anyone publicly. WHen referencing his wife, they may have had a somewhat playful relationship. Some women call their husband "my old man".

What's to dislike about "guys"?

· Banned
31 Posts
Ok, so what is it about "guys" that you do not like? Dame, just by it's definition, is a word would not use to address anyone publicly. WHen referencing his wife, they may have had a somewhat playful relationship. Some women call their husband "my old man".

What's to dislike about "guys"?
When I speak of a male I can't stand, I say "guy".
That guy ought to get a punch in the nose!

On a more friendly note, perhaps FELLOW:
He seemed like a nice fellow.

DAMES was used in the film "West Side Story" by the Jets.

· Super Moderator
6,151 Posts
Iron Duck came here and said "boy" and "dame" in his hello to all introduction. First post he was met with skepticism. He was asked why boy and not guy. He explained and that's when it tumbled out of wack.

Reactions: Popeye and Wag

· Banned
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Iron Duck came here and said "boy" and "dame" in his hello to all introduction. First post he was met with skepticism. He was asked why boy and not guy. He explained and that's when it tumbled out of wack.
I once heard a doctor at a VA clinic refer to his staff as "boys and gals". My use of "boys and dames" was to be colorful and distinct, that's all. Nothing for one to get her L'eggs Control Tops in a twist about.

· Jesus Saves
8,685 Posts
I once heard a doctor at a VA clinic refer to his staff as "boys and gals". My use of "boys and dames" was to be colorful and distinct, that's all. Nothing for one to get her L'eggs Control Tops in a twist about.
But you did get it twisted. I was trying to create conversation, dialogue. You went on the defense and called me a fussy broad. That was a twisted reply that was uncalled for. I actually was sticking up for you bu trying to create dialogue here and in another thread. In both situations you were on the defensive and lashed out.

Not everyone is against you. Learn to realize that. Learn to understand through dialogue, this whole recent situation could have been avoided.

As far as "dames" is concerned, it is not a well received name by females; just ask around. Maybe 50 years ago it was (I doubt it), but not today. Calling some one "boy" is also not well received. I personally believe the reference to boys and dames was intentional to further stir the pot. I do see an trend here.

I hope you stick around for a while but also hope you stop the nonsense.....if not, so be it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.