National Gun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There was a recent thread about impulsive gun buying.
I replied and admitted that I was a gunaholic. I've been looking for a 12 step program or an infusion of cash to support my habit but- so far no luck.

Last night I was cruising the "guns; going, going, gone" pages of Auction Arms and there she was. Never knew they made them, never saw one before: A Daisy (like in B B gun)V/L .22 rifle. The round has no case, no cap. Just propellant and projectile. Lots of info on line: BATF stopped Daisy from making them, they aren't accurate, hard to find ammo- not that I'd shoot this one. New in presentation case with 300 rds of "ammo."

Any of you have one or any experience with one?

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
I don't remember that particular rifle, but I do remember the attempt a few different manufacturers made with caseless ammo. It went the same way that Etronix (Remington) went, many yrs later. I really thought it was a good idea and I don't recall the reason(s) for it not being successful.

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
55,659 Posts
Remember the "Tround"?

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
Oh, yeah -- I do now! That was a pretty interesting system.

Y'know, I really wonder what folks will be shooting in 100 yrs. That, assuming that citizens even have guns in 100 yrs, or for that matter, whether civilization will still be around in 100 yrs.

For grins & giggles, Gonbalistik & I were watching "Mad Max -- Beyond Thunderdome" a few nights ago. GB thought the Tina Turner character was Hillary of the Future. I asked, "How do you think they got to this point in the first place?"

Hey (hes sez as a dim bulb lights up over his shiny noggin) -- That might be a good topic for a thread... Yeah... that's the ticket...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts