National Gun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don’t need one, already have a few I’ve yet to shoot… and am not shooting the ones I have often enough

But… I just want to buy one because I hate what’s happening to this country and more guns are better

i may end up with a .44 mag. I only have one gun, a SW Model 29,in that caliber… and I don’t like having just one gun in a caliber

• lever Henry?
  • Taurus revolver?
  • Single action?

let the search begin

Reactions: AgedWarrior

·
Registered
16,607 Posts
Nose Lip Eyebrow Eyelash Mouth

Second choice would be a Marlin.

Reactions: gvaldeg1

·
Premium Member
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I'm leaning toward a single action revolver. I enjoy the other levers I have, two if which are Henrys, but really enjoy single action shooting these days. I can get cowboy load .44mag and/or .44spl and really enjoy the SA.

The search and research is a fun part of the acquisition journey.

The Ruger Vaquero is looking pretty appealing.

EAA imports the Bounty Hunter 4.5" that also looks promising.

·
Premium Member
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This 5.5” Vaquero in .44mag would be a nice addition to the collection

not sure I’m willing to pay a grand for it, however

Automotive lighting Revolver Muffler Automotive exterior Automotive exhaust

·
Premium Member
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Of course… this one would do the trick for me… satisfy the urge for a while

9mm Kimber Aegis

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Everyday carry Gun accessory

·
Registered
16,607 Posts
How much is the Kimber? 1k seems an awful lot for the Ruger. I know prices are up but jeeeeeze.

·
Premium Member
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Now the Henry single shot H015-44 has my eye

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Shotgun

·
Premium Member
9,176 Posts
So you’re telling me that the NEF .223 heavy barrel single shot rifle I have is worth about $500.!!! It’s a very accurate rifle and it’s got a 6-24x50 scope on it but really?
For Sale:
NEF handi-rifle in .223 with a 6-24X50 scope and bipod. Less than 100 rounds put through it.
$500.00 firm.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
I guess it's a matter of what trips your trigger. You mention rifle and handgun. I have an old Ruger 44 Carbine rifle and it's my only 44 Mag rifle. I also have my S&W Model 29-5. If I wanted another 44 Magnum gun I would likely lean towards one of the Ruger flavors if one came along at a good price point. Again it's whatever trips your trigger.

Ron

·
Last Stand on Earth
5,287 Posts
Don’t need one, already have a few I’ve yet to shoot… and am not shooting the ones I have often enough

But… I just want to buy one because I hate what’s happening to this country and more guns are better

i may end up with a .44 mag. I only have one gun, a SW Model 29,in that caliber… and I don’t like having just one gun in a caliber

• lever Henry?
  • Taurus revolver?
  • Single action?

let the search begin
Based on the 3 options at the bottom, you can’t go wrong with the Henry. I have one in brass, it’s sweet.

I have a Taurus Model 44 with an 8-3/8” barrel. Trigger is heavy. Had to adjust the rear sight quite a bit right. It’s no Smith but it scratched the itch. Very mild in the recoil with the 8 ports in the barrel it keeps the muzzle well controlled. I changed the grips to Hogue Pau Ferros. This was after I polished it up.
Air gun Trigger Wood Mammal Gun barrel

Single action, if you get a 44 magnum, get a Ruger Super Blackhawk Bisley. It makes a world of difference in how the recoil feels. I have a 10.5” Buntline I converted to a Bisley. No more knuckle busting. Mine after I converted to a Bisley outfitted with Hogue walnut Cowboy panels.
Revolver Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory

My advice if you want the best shooting experience out of the box, go with the Super Blackhawk Bisley Hunter.

That Redhawk 44 magnum I just got is pretty sweet. That gun hasn’t really changed in 40 years.
Air gun Trigger Everyday carry Gun barrel Wood

My opinion is that the Redhawk 44 is far more aesthetically pleasing that the goofy protruding frame on the Super Redhawk.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts