National Gun Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two and don't like the triggers. I do not do well at the range with either of them. What can I do about that nasty long hard trigger pull! Any solutions?

Do others have this problem or is it just me?

G

·
Your friendly Glock armorer can install a competition trigger with less than 3# pull. However the factory trigger will mellow with age. I have a model 26 with ported competition barrel that will drive tacks. I didn't bother installing the barrel until after 500 rounds.

The nasty thing about the Glock cannot be fixed- it is butt ugly.

G

·
If your Glock has a "long" trigger pull, you're using it wrong. On the first shot, take up the "slack" in the trigger just like you would a two-stage rifle trigger. After the first shot breaks, let the trigger go forward just enough to "catch the link" - you'll feel and maybe hear the "click" of the trigger resetting. Presto, now you have a short trigger pull - with a reset shorter than just about any other auto except dedicated SAs like the 1911.

If you let the trigger fly forward, you lose the advantage of the short reset. Control the reset and you'll shoot better.

The Glock's short/firm trigger reset is one of that gun's greatest advantages in terms of fast and accurate shooting.

G

·
I just can't stand the feel of them. To me, they feel like a squirt gun. Ugly, bad trigger, cost too much, and feel weird. Not my cup of tea.

Doug

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yep, "You can't fix Ugly!"

I have heard that you can pull out the trigger module and put in that 3.5 lb connector. Is that a tough job to do and would that be better than just replacing the spring with a lighter Wolf Spring?

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
whompuss said:
Your friendly Glock armorer can install a competition trigger with less than 3# pull. However the factory trigger will mellow with age. I have a model 26 with ported competition barrel that will drive tacks. I didn't bother installing the barrel until after 500 rounds.
The nasty thing about the Glock cannot be fixed- it is butt ugly.

May I ask whom did you buy the barrel from and what is the cost???

G

·
Any company that can put a 1911 style SA trigger on a reliable polymer will win my loyalty forever.

I haven't seen tactical tupperware of any make that I have really liked the trigger. My P-99's were bought long ago, and the SA on it is good, but it still has the DA first shot, so I have to carry it cocked. From what I have heard and read, Walther went to a nasty trigger after I bought mine.

I am considering getting the aftermarket trigger kit for my XD.

It is definitely a conundrum.

G

·
I just dont see the hype, I have shot and cleaned a few and they are nice but I dont see why glock lubbers will defend them till they are blue in the face. can anyone tell me why? :|

G

·
'Cause they're afraid that Clock owners will quit buying them, Clock will quit importing them, so they won't be able to get parts for their Clocks, anymore.

Sounds reasonable to me.

Doug

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
leeindy said:
whine and complain.

did you try to fix it

I am going to attempt to fix mine I just have not decided if I want to pull out the trigger module and replace the connector with the 3.5 lb connector or just try replacing the trigger spring.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.