National Gun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats the difference between the triggers on the g19 and the g17. i was reading somewhere that the g19 had a "match" trigger that allowed it to be imported into the US...

·
Old School.
11,011 Posts
I got the G-19 but I wouldn't call it's trigger a match trigger. After shooting a Wilson awhile back you know what a real match trigger feels like. Mine has a good tigger pull right at about 5lbs. :D

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i was over on glock talk and they were talking about this... saying something about hating the g19 trigger and swapping it out for a g17 trigger.

·
Ruler of Ramnation
1,013 Posts
The competition trigger comes standard in the G34/35 pistols and that's 3.5lb pull. G17 and 19 have the same stock triggers---however if you want a better trigger on your G26 or G27 (the babies), it's been suggested to use a trigger from the larger frame pistols. You can smooth the trigger on any of these pistols if you know how-check the Glock armorer CD. Aftermarket manufacturers do offer alternatives.

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
I have put this up many times before so I hope I don't bore members that have read this before.

If you want to make a nice change in the way your trigger operates on your Glocks, install the 3.5 connector. Its like $10-12 and you have to pull the trigger module to install it. Its an easy fix and will make a big change in trigger pull and reset movement.

Also, put in a SS guide rod. It too is not that expensive and adds to the accuracy of the pistol. The plastic guide rod is a Glock weak link and you will cure that issue.

Add a match barrel for $100 from LoneWolf or another vendor and you can shoot reloads all day which will pay for that barrel pretty fast. Its a drop in job and will help you look good on the range.

Both are easy quick installs and will make a nice change in your target patterns. Well worth the bucks spent, in my opinion. I have done two model 17s and model 32 and both are a whole lot more fun to shoot.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts