National Gun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just saw the new ad in the NRA American Rifleman this month. Its by the "Gunny", the guy who does the TV show. (not our Gunny)

He is answering a question about the finish on the Glock!

It reads:

Now Listen up I ain't got all day! The Tenifer finish is a hardening process that is applied to the slide and barrel. It gives the Glock pistol a surface hardness of 64 on the Rockwell C scale. A diamond and all Gunnys, are rated a 70!

This makes the metal on a Glock more corrosion resistant than Staninless Steel. Glock tops it off with a black oxide finish that gives it its good looks. Got It! Dismissed!

A good ad!

·
Registered
957 Posts
I've seen those ads with the Gunny selling glocks. Wonder how muck there paying him. I really would figure him to be a 1911 man.

G

·
red-rider said:
I've seen those ads with the Gunny selling glocks. Wonder how muck there paying him. I really would figure him to be a 1911 man.
He has commited sin, for now he will burn in hell (glock shop). :p :p

G

·
The 1911 Gods are pissed-off,but the Gunny is skipping all the way to the bank,shouting listen-up maggot anything for a buck.$$$$$ :i:

·
Registered
179 Posts
Not every GI has had a love affair with the 1911. You have to remember that many of those pistols were shot out by Vietnam and were hated by the average GIs. I have nothign against them, but I shoot better with more modern pistols than with 1911s. The SIGs and H&Ks are near perfect...the Steyrs would be if they came in 45ACP.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts