National Gun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...after you spend money to buy it, you have to spend money to make it work right.

No insult to folks intended.

Doug

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Gunny the Gun said:
I sell quite a few, but I sell 2-3 1911 per one glock
Where would your shop be located? NW Ohio? Maybe Akron?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
tippcity, ohio
If you would like the link and address to the Gunshop that I work at PM me. I would love to have you guys stop in at the shop :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Doug Wilson said:
...after you spend money to buy it, you have to spend money to make it work right.

No insult to folks intended.

Doug
ive got a glock 17 with over 2k rounds threw it and it has never had to have any work done to it. it will eat every thing and its 100 times more reliable than some all steel guns i know.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Seems to be an ongoing battle between Glock lovers and 1911 fans.

I have a 1911 Kimber Gold Match that I love to shoot, it's the prettiest gun I own.
I've got a Glock 26 that I love to shoot, it's the ugliest gun I own.
I've never had a minutes trouble with either one.

That being said, I carry the Glock daily. I wouldn't dream of putting the Kimber through the crap I put the Glock through. It's my purely subjective opinion that the Glock is the tougher pistol. Sort of like comparing a Humvee to a Porche. Ugly is as ugly does.

If I'm climbing through a burned out building, sweating like a pig, covered with soot, I wouldn't my pretty Porsche to get all dirty. :(

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Gunny the Gun said:
whompuss said:
That the Glock is the tougher pistol.
Tell that to the vets at the VFW :roll:
Gunny,
You took a line out of context. I started the sentence by saying it was purely subjective.

Like I said I luv my 1911 to much to drag it through wet ashes! :-B-:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This thread must have been created solely to generate controversy, because no one who is still in touch with objective reality can seriously claim that a typical Glock is unreliable (or, even funnier, that a typical 1911 is more reliable than a typical Glock).

I like 1911s and carried a Commander for years, but I saw various 1911s malfunction at every single match and shooting course I took. I switched to Glock. My Glocks work with utter and complete reliability, and are totally unmodified except for the addition of night sights.

In the last course I took at Front Sight, the half-dozen Glocks on the firing line all functioned perfectly. Of the half-dozen 1911s on the line, five puked. :roll:

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Glocks VS 1911s. Its like talking about religion or politics. Everyone has an opinion, you either like them or you don't.

Both have a good reputation!

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
leeindy said:
like them both. love my 1911 which has been flawless. and the glock made me a master.
Well Lee, from one Lee to another Lee, if you can shoot Master with a Glock I am darn impressed.
You have mastered that trigger and you have one of the Glocks that has a tight lockup and hits what it is aimed at.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I am surprised you had problems with the Glock. The Glockovic attitude is childish, Glock customer support is worthless, and they are far from "perfection". But they ain't bad pistols. You must have a lemon.

I would get on Glock customer support and ride them like dogs until they do something about it; maybe a replacement. Don't expect anything from just one call. You could have a serial number that is on a recall list, and Glock Inc will not tell you anything about it, unless you tell them you already know about it. After you push, and push, and push, out of the "kindness in their heart" :roll: , they will address the issue. But if they send you a new frame or new slide, understand, it is because there is a known issue, not just "good customer service". They will quietly replace a defective part, but they won't tell you about it being a recall because they know the pages of GT will be rife with tears, and they will be overwhelmed with calls.

I wish people would lay off the Glock threads. Somebody will post a link at GT and have every GT Glockovic paintballer there is, over here defending the honor of Glock. Then the board won't be worth visiting. But who knows, maybe the OP had that in mind, start a thread like this, the call goes out to the kids at GT, and then you have 1,000 new members attacking every thread that does not bow to their altar of Gaston Glock.

Now, :D for the sin of saying Glock is not prefect, on behalf of the high priest of the church of Glock, I assign the OP the penance of saying 100 "Hail Glocks", and 100 "Our Gastons". And write 1000 times, "I will never say another negative thing about Glock", or be excommunicated from the International Church of Gaston, LLC. :lol:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
sig232 said:
leeindy said:
like them both. love my 1911 which has been flawless. and the glock made me a master.
Well Lee, from one Lee to another Lee, if you can shoot Master with a Glock I am darn impressed.
You have mastered that trigger and you have one of the Glocks that has a tight lockup and hits what it is aimed at.
its bone stock except for trijicon sights wich i think came on it. hasnt ever been touched. and it makes 2.5in groups at 25

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
sig232 said:

If you have ever seen Glocks fired on a Ransom Rest, you would know just how impressive that actually is. Almost to the point of being unbelievable. Or maybe his aim is just always off, which puts the Glock on.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I just dont see the hype, and why glock lovers will defend till they are blue in the face. I just dont care for them, they are alright pistols but I dont see why people buzz around them.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.