National Gun Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many rounds do you guys keep in the pistol? The clips I have hold 10 rounds but its a very tight fit. I normally only keep 9 rounds in the clip and none in the chamber. If I keep ten rounds in it will this damage the spring?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I fill the magazine up full, then jack a round into the tube. Glock says that it doesn't hurt to keep the magazine fully loaded.
My son is a Glock armorer and former 10 year Combat Arms vet. He keeps his topped off all the time.
A pistol without a round ready is a paperweight. Glock's are safe to carry loaded. A gazillion cops do it every day.

·
Pro Gun Advocate
10,940 Posts
Agreed.

I carry my G27 daily with one in the pipe.

I selected my holster specifically because it hangs on a belt bracket, so the entire holster rigs comes off.

The gun is never out of the holster unless I'm ready to fire.

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
I will always load up my carry firearms with a round in the chamber. If I fear that the operation of the weapon is faulty and may result in a accidental discharge I will look for another safer firearm to carry.

The Glocks do not discharge unless you reholster with your finger on the trigger or you are not practicing safe handling methoids. Its a very safe pistol to own and carry.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm a glock armorer and carry a glock on duty everyday loaded up. I've never once had a problem due to magazine spring fatigue. I've owned a Glock 30 for approx. 8 years loaded 10+1. I think you'd be fine.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
chorst294 said:
I'm a glock armorer and carry a glock on duty everyday loaded up. I've never once had a problem due to magazine spring fatigue. I've owned a Glock 30 for approx. 8 years loaded 10+1. I think you'd be fine.
Glad to have a certified Glock guy on the Forum. You're a welcome addition. :-B-:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts