National Gun Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have started to notice a big difference with the trigger operation of my Glock 17 following the installation of the 3.5 lb connector.

Initially it was just about as hard as the stock trigger operation. After working it for a while it has loosened up and is now less of a effort and a more positive release of the trigger. I sat and compared it to my stock model 32 Glock and its a big change for the better.

Next question is: Does a new match barrel require a break in period or should it perform at its max right after installation??

G

·
Depends,
I shoot a 26, one son a 17 and the other a 19.
The 17 was purchased when they were introduced and has been shot thousands of rounds. The 19 is about 10 years old and shot less, my 26 is only 2 and has less than 1,000. We ordered ported match barrels from the same vendor. The barrel for the 17 just fell in place and shot like a champ, the 19 required minor machining to fit and still won't cycle 147 grain ammo real good. My 26 was so tight it wouldn't cycle at all, took several hours of grinding to cycle properly. I put 500 rounds of 124 gr ball ammo through her and now she is slick as a babies butt.
My #2 son, 10 1/2 years combat arms and a qualified gunsmith did the work. He explained that the best barrels are just a hair oversized to work in a well used pistol. That makes them tight in a near new one. Makes sense, you can shave them down but can't add. Don't want any slop.

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
whompuss said:
Depends,
I shoot a 26, one son a 17 and the other a 19.
The 17 was purchased when they were introduced and has been shot thousands of rounds. The 19 is about 10 years old and shot less, my 26 is only 2 and has less than 1,000. We ordered ported match barrels from the same vendor. The barrel for the 17 just fell in place and shot like a champ, the 19 required minor machining to fit and still won't cycle 147 grain ammo real good. My 26 was so tight it wouldn't cycle at all, took several hours of grinding to cycle properly. I put 500 rounds of 124 gr ball ammo through her and now she is slick as a babies butt.
My #2 son, 10 1/2 years combat arms and a qualified gunsmith did the work. He explained that the best barrels are just a hair oversized to work in a well used pistol. That makes them tight in a near new one. Makes sense, you can shave them down but can't add. Don't want any slop.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts