National Gun Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I need some help... I'm looking into getting a G27 for carry but I have not read much about them or how people like them. I was hoping that maybe someone here could give me a little insight on the 'Baby Glock.' my preferred method of carry has been an IWB holster behind my right hip if that helps. Mind you I have been stuck with a Baretta 92FS in the Army and as much as I dislike the 9mm round I like the action of that pistol. Thank you in advance for the words of wisdom.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I'm not sure this will be of any help, given your innate hatred of the 9mm round.
I have two, count 'em, two G26s!!
The G27 is the same frame, same gun, different caliber.
I've shot the G27 and I find it to be quite a bit snappier than my 26.
The 27 will accept G23 and G22 mags.
That's about it. The gun is plenty accurate.
I also carry my G26 IWB in the same place.
However, speaking of the above mentioned G23, I have one and prefer it to the G27.
If you are used to shooting and carrying the 92FS, the 23 might be a better choice.
The G23 is the same frame as the G19.

Here is the G23/19.

Here is the G26/27

Now that I think about it, if you want a baby Glock with some oomph, check out the G36!!!

It has the same capacity as the Colt Officer's model (6 rounds), is about the same size as the G27, and is chambered in .45acp!!

Here is a couple of comparison shots of the G26 and the G36.

The G26 is on top.

Here is the "baby" in all her glory.

Personally, I carry the G36 far more than the G26!!! ;)

·
Pro Gun Advocate
10,940 Posts
I have 2 G27s and one G23.

The main reasons I carry the G27 are: it's a .40, it's small & light, and (most important) it's accurate in my hands.

I usually carry OWB, have sometimes carried in a small of the back holster, though not my preferred method.

BTW: There's a used on on Gun Broker, currently at $300, no reserve.
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=94793301

·
Ruler of Ramnation
1,013 Posts
Love my G27. It's my ADC (any day carry) pistol. For IWB, I use a DeSantis Scorpion holster--for OWB, I use a Mitch Rosen 'Upper Limit Express holster. I also have an MTac minotaur for all of my Glocks. Here's the Upper Limit:

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
I've had and carried my G27 for quite a while. I'll be getting rid of it soon in favor of the Springfield XD. Better safety features, more comfortable grip (for me), all other features are about the same as the G27. The biggest reason, though is the safety. Glock "safe trigger" ... isn't.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the words of advice y'all... I went with a buddy today to the range and I must say i had no idea the G23 is as small as it is with such a high cap mag... I did not get to mess with it much however it seems slightly large to carry IWB but maybe worth it for the extra 4 rounds...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts