National Gun Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What might cause this problem?

I was using some Remington bulk ammo, and I always clean my guns before and after I go to the range.

Picture attached.
IMG_2256.jpg IMG_2259.jpg

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Does your gun have the same problem with other brands of ammo?

The Gen 4 Glocks have had feeding & ejection problems. Glock has a recoil spring "upgrade." Have you replaced your spring? If not, contact Glock & they'll send you a replacement spring.

·
Registered
7,193 Posts
The Indiana State Police went to a different manufacturer because of the Gen 4 issues.

·
Super Moderator
5,837 Posts
Is your Glock a new Gen 4 or an earlier Gen 4? How many rounds have you fired through it before this took place? Have you shot a Glock before? Has this been happening a lot with your firearm or was this the only time and you had to post it because it was a Glock? All firearms will have a malfunction or a slight problem eventually, they are after all mechanical.

·
Registered
9,127 Posts
The Indiana State Police went to a different manufacturer because of the Gen 4 issues.
I know and I have not seen any of them on the market yet. I figured they would be all over by now. Have they made the switch yet?

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Although I don't believe it's part of the recall, I think the ejector was redesigned for the Gen 4 9mm and .40. You may want to ask them about that.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's a Gen 4, that's all I know. 1 mag. I have a G26 that works flawlessly. I had a hi-point that did the same thing, but I do not own that gun anymore.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I had FTE problems with the Remington UMC ammo with my FMK Firearm the first time I bought some. Since I bought a 9mm carbine and that was all we had at Walmart I bought 500 rounds of UMC ammo to use in it and haven't had any problems. I also tried some in my FMK this past weekend and didn't have the problems I had before. It could be that Remington isn't too consistent in their manufacturing. I have read other complaints about the UMC ammo before. I try to stay away from it if I can help it.

·
Registered
7,193 Posts
I know and I have not seen any of them on the market yet. I figured they would be all over by now. Have they made the switch yet?
Just saw this Larry--sorry. I have not seen my K-9 state trooper friend last week or this week as I have been busy at work but last I heard they were in the process of switching over. I hope to see him this weekend and get caught up on the news and to visit with him. I`ll let you know what I find out.

Reactions: larry
1 - 11 of 11 Posts