National Gun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,677 Posts
I’ve read about them and heard good things overall too… I was going to try one with optics included but that seems to be a problem area for them (cheap optic)

I look forward to hearing about what you decide and reading / watching your review

Reactions: 806

·
Premium Member
9,747 Posts
I’m interested in a 1911 but I think I’m going to wait and see if the design is going hold up and proves it’s function.

The patients ran out about 60 years ago and the GI 1911 is pretty much the most solid pistol ever made. Variants are all generally good pistols with minor hiccups that seem to be easily corrected. Most problems are related to magazines, springs and guide rods. It’s the small things like finish and machining on the frame and slide.

·
Live Free
4,425 Posts
Poorly fitted/rigged extractors are an issue with 1911’s too. But, like Stamps6 said, most generally fur pretty good. I recently purchased a Tisas 1911, and I am very happy with it! Runs great with ball or HP ammo. Shoots to point of aim. Fit and finish are very good.
Luggage and bags Rectangle Gas Bag Metal

I have yet to handle a Girsan, but they seem to be building a fairly good reputation. They seem to cost more than Tisas, comparable to RIA in pricing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts