National Gun Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pulled out the snowblower this afternoon and gassed it up. Started it and checked the function. Put the reflective fiberglass driveway markers up the driveway. Put more driveway markers along the street because if I don’t the plow guy ( withholding the name I usually call him) will wipe out the curb or plow 4 feet away from it. He just can’t seem to get it right. I put the snow shovel on the back porch.
The first snowfall for us is coming on Sunday. 3-5” which isn’t much but it’s a good primer. My huntin* club is supposed to put out birds for Saturday and Sunday but it looks like we’re just going to stock all of the weekends birds on Saturday. A real shootem up!

·
Léitheoir
154 Posts
Gravel drive for me. Hand shoveling only I'm afraid.

Good on you for being prepared!

Cheers. :)

·
Aim true !
10,012 Posts
The snow will be nice for deer hunting Monday. Maybe ill get lucky tomorrow. And won't need the snow lol.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Chained down front tires on the New Holland Monday, blade on back and front blade close by. Loader has skid steer quick attach option. Never fails if I prepare for snow we never get much but as sure as I don't it snows waist deep.
I hate crawling around in the snow hooking up everything. Sometimes me and Ole Blue are all that opens up a good bit of the state roads around here for a few days when the snow gets deep.DOT can't keep up.
Some of the neighbors with rear blades and no cab say I am cheating, heated cab and short sleeve shirt.
Usually just chain the front, they are heavy enough, 100 pounds each and the back set goes on when it really gets bad, suckers weight close to 200 pounds each.
New set with studded cross links this year, boy will the pavement know I've been there.

·
RELOAD=More PEW PEW
12,369 Posts
I already used mine about 2 weeks ago, trick is to store it full of gas and it fires up at the first pull of the cord.
Still I checked it as I always do around the end of September, spray some graphite down the cable jackets etc, it's always nicer to try to figure out what's wrong (if there is) when it's still nice out :lol:

Reactions: Coalcracker

·
Premium Member
5,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah ready these posts reminded me to spray the inside of the snowblower with silicone spray. If it’s a wet snow it will make all the difference.

·
Super Moderator
11,175 Posts
Got our first real snow T-day eve. Wok up to about 7 inches on the ground. Shoveled off the driveway. Wet and heavy.

Now my back hurts.

--Wag--

·
RELOAD=More PEW PEW
12,369 Posts
Yeah ready these posts reminded me to spray the inside of the snowblower with silicone spray. If it’s a wet snow it will make all the difference.
What we had was just the right consistency to stick to the rotor thingy, it was like a big snowball inside. I've been using this blower for like 10 years and the last snow was the first to stick inside like that, silicone is probably a great idea

·
Registered
8,185 Posts
What is this "snow" thou speak of?.............:lol:

Reactions: Popeye

·
Registered
8,185 Posts
That would be sleet.....it is 80 here today, tonight's low will be a very comfortable 63

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
53,782 Posts
I'm ready. Decided not to dirive up to the mountains.

Reactions: Kobs

·
Grand Imperial Poobah
21,912 Posts
We don't get much snow, so when we do, all the vehicles are 4-wheel drive. No shoveling, no blowing, just drive over the stuff until it melts ...... which is usually 2-3 days. If we get more than our normal share, the tractor has a loader and blade.

Reactions: Kobs

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Yep, got ready for winter here in North Texas.
Got out my windbreaker jacket.
All joking aside, we at time do get winter weather, snow and ice and temps in the teens. But it only lasts for a day or two.

·
RELOAD=More PEW PEW
12,369 Posts
It's been all white here since the beginning of November and probably will stay that way till the end of March.... Sigh I should've moved to AZ when I was 19

·
Registered
8,185 Posts
You can always snowbird it. Have a few friends who do that from the Toronto area. Come down to sunny warm Florida and shoot all winter long

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
53,782 Posts
Sitting here with the deck door open.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts