National Gun Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Havve you ever shot a gun that pinched you when the slide comes back? I HATE those. Was shooting in my backyard today and got pinched super bad!

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Yes sir, I have also enjoyed that fun experience. My Browning high power used to do that once in a while when I was not paying attention. Its gone!!

My FIE 380 would do the same and implant the rear of its sharp slide into my thumb. Its Gone too!!

My Walther did it a couple of times. Its gone!!

Pain and shooting does not go hand in hand in my book unless one is on the receiving end of the bullet. If it bites the hand that shoots it, its history!

·
Registered
811 Posts
I have never had it happen to me but hear a lot of people have that problem with Glocks.

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
I have never had it happen to me but hear a lot of people have that problem with Glocks.
Gosh! Never heard of anyone that owns a Glock complaining about that. But I suppose if you have large hands you certainly could have that problem with the smaller framed Glocks.

My Glock 32 in 357 Sig is the next size down from full size, similar to the Glock 19, and it would get me at the pinky finger where the opening was to the magazine. After shooting a box or so my finger would start to hurt. I then bought some of the magazine base pads that have the extension that fills up that void and the problem was solved.

·
Pro Gun Advocate
10,940 Posts
I've caused a blood blister by pinching my hand when inserting a magazine, but not on a slide (yet).

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
That is why I like the 1911 style weapons. They sure do eliminate that problem.

Once you get used to shooting a good quality 1911 it is difficult to find anything to match the accuracy, esthetics and feel of that weapon.

I have rugers, glocks, sigs, kel-tecs and other pistols, but I always end up enjoying my time shooting my 1911 the most. In a defensive gunfight I hope that is the gun I am packing that day. If so I will have the upper hand!

·
Angry Citizen
1,521 Posts
I have all sortsa scars on my right hand between my thumb and index finger where my 1911 likes to bite me.

·
Angry Citizen
1,521 Posts
Actually, now that I look at it, it all just became one big scar.

·
Registered
3,978 Posts
I have all sortsa scars on my right hand between my thumb and index finger where my 1911 likes to bite me.
Ya just ain't holdin it right.

·
Angry Citizen
1,521 Posts
My hands are chubby and sometimes the chubby rolls onto the top of the beaver tail. Also, you'll notice I said scar, and not scabs. I learnt ma lesson.

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
If you haven't been bitten by a semi-auto pistol, you haven't been shooting enough.

The worst one I had was from one of my High Powers with the old style spur hammer. It took a big chunck out of hand, I bled like a stuck pig for hours. That is when I decided to learn how to bob hammer spurs.

·
Texas Legal Gunslinger
3,531 Posts
I was pinched last night. Tried to engage the slide stop, and it didn't catch, so I got pinched by the ejector.

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
I was pinched last night. Tried to engage the slide stop, and it didn't catch, so I got pinched by the ejector.

Ouch! I hope you smacked the shitzz out of that ejector. Have to train them not to bite or they will just think its OK and do it all the time.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts