National Gun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

Keep calm & return fire!
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The current gun climate is a pain in the ___!

I am trying to find a new H&K VP9sk. They are nowhere to be found and if someone does have one they want ridiculous $$$ for it. I won't drastically overpay for something. I mean $50...alright but $900 for a $600 gun. NOPE... aint happening. Used ones are selling for over new retail.

I'm also looking for a M&P 2.0 compact. They come with 15 rd mags. Having a hard time finding a dealer that will ship it to NJ even though my FFL says no problem, he'll swap the mags out for me. The dealers that will ship it dont have it in stock and the dealers that won't ship have them 馃が馃が馃が

I (as well as many others I'm sure) can not wait for this election and covid BS to be over.

I know... you guys can tell me to tuck in my skirt 馃ぃ

Keep calm & return fire!
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In NJ we have to get permits to purchase handguns. Our illustrious Governor is going to raise the fees from $2.00 to $48.00 per permit.

I put in for permits before the increase. Permits are good for 90 days and we can only buy 1 handgun every 30 days.

So time is of the essence to some degree. I could have a permit extended another 90 days as long as I do it before it expires.

Have I mentioned that I HATE this state? 馃ぃ

Keep calm & return fire!
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Making progress, I still haven't received my permits which I put in for a month ago but I have managed to track down 2 of the 3 handguns I'm after. And pay normal retail for them to boot.

The H&K VP9sk is turning out to be a real challenge but at this point I have about 2 months to find one. I'm feeling confident that I'll be able to locate one in the next 60 days.

Premium Member
I feel your pain of living in NJ. Remember that you can only pick up one gun every 30 days. If you have to, you can get an extension on the permits for 90 days more but only once. I got a pistol permit last month and it took 6 weeks.
Did you check Gun broker? Some are auction and some are buy it now. I did a quick look and they seem to be going for $780-$900. Yeah a bit high but that鈥檚 the times we鈥檙e living in right now. Last year it would have been $600. just like ammo but the market is hot hot hot.

Keep calm & return fire!
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Stamps.
I can be patient when I need to. I simply will not grossly overpay for something regardless of the market.

Registered
I met a girl yesterday that moved from Atlantic City a couple years ago. I usually ask if they knew anyone that moved from GA up there. It's almost always no. I know quite a few people that moved from Jersy kinda like a reverse roach motel. They move out but they don't move in.

People live where they live. Some have established real estate and families. There's things to like in every state. Some people love the hustle and bustle of big city life. Speed may not be able to easily move or simply may not want to. If he did though there's excitement in breathing the air of a free man.

I've actually seen people flabbergasted talking to a salesclerk at a gun store or show. "Wait you're telling me I can just buy a gun and don't need permission from the anybody like the state? And I can buy as many as I want? I can have a clip that holds a hundred bullets?"

Keep calm & return fire!
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The plan is to move to PA when my son graduates next year.
I absolutely want to move I however have no intentions of going far. Across the river to PA will suit us just fine.
My manager, who I am very good friends with outside of work keep nudging me to come down to North Carolina but I鈥檓 not interested in the heat. I will admit that the home prices and property taxes are very attractive.

Registered
Good you found what you were seeking.
I looked briefly. Best result i found was similar to Popeye's

IMPORTANT: Due to the massive upswing in firearms and related item sales please allow ample extra time for your orders to arrive. Place your order now and you get your order when it arrives. Waiting for the item is a problem coast to coast. If you have not placed your order, most likely the item will already be allocated for someone else's order.

Registered
All done.
I won a new VP9sk on GunBroker. Paid a little more for it than I would have liked but even so, still did not grossly over pay. Was really hoping and expecting to get outbid but it didn't happen.
Glad you found what you were seeking.
I am still looking for a Mossberg Retrograde after all these months still no joy unless I want to go on an auction and pay 1400.00 buck for a 950.00 shotgun.
I will continue my search.

Keep calm & return fire!
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ugh, the vendor sent the VP9sk to the wrong address. He left a number off the address.
I called and he was extremely apologetic. He put in for an address change through USPS.com.
I called USPS and spent a hour on hold only to be told they don鈥檛 reroute packages over the phone. 馃が

The lady I spoke with was nice and tried to be helpful but she couldn鈥檛 do anything. She said to track it and when it gets to the local post office to call back and they can do a 鈥渟ervice adjustment鈥

Hopefully the vendors address change works. I鈥檓 going to pretty upset if my FFL doesn鈥檛 receive this firearm. Praise the Lord I paid with a card.

Aim true !
I ordered a record keeping book for my neighbor. It came from about 2 hours sw of me. Here is the crazy route it took.
October 3, 2020, 4:32 pm
Delivered, In/At Mailbox
COAL TOWNSHIP, PA 17866
Your item was delivered in or at the mailbox at 4:32 pm on October 3, 2020 in COAL TOWNSHIP, PA 17866.
October 3, 2020, 7:10 am
Out for Delivery
COAL TOWNSHIP, PA 17866
October 2, 2020, 2:45 pm
Arrived at Post Office
SHAMOKIN, PA 17872
October 2, 2020
In Transit to Next Facility
October 1, 2020, 2:46 pm
Departed USPS Regional Facility
PHILADELPHIA PA NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER
October 1, 2020, 2:37 pm
Arrived at USPS Regional Facility
PHILADELPHIA PA NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER
September 30, 2020, 9:51 am
Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility
JERSEY CITY NJ NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER
September 30, 2020, 8:36 am
Accepted at USPS Origin Facility
MECHANICSBURG, PA 17050
September 28, 2020, 12:07 pm
Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item
MECHANICSBURG, PA 17050

Keep calm & return fire!
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
One of my boys broke a Bauer hockey stick that was under warranty. In order to get credit for the new stick the broken stick had to be returned to Bauer. My wife tracked the return and it did a grand tour of the USA. I dont get it.

I work in the printing industry and one of the things every single shop I go into strives for to limit the amount of times a job is touched. They all want the least amount of handling possible. I guess this goes out the window with shipping companies.

Registered
I have had pretty good luck lately with receiving things on time or even earlier than the estimated time. I have been trying to avoid ordering from the 3 left coast states. Detroit and NYC still seem to be black holes as well where packages seem to sit for days most of the time. If I draw a line on a angle from TX to ME i try to order from that area east if possible, things come real quick, mostly 2-4 days.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.